• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm so proud of the boys for that win against a higher ranked team than us.

Set the ball rolling early on when I promoted my best batter (a finisher) to bat at number 3 because that is the spot where the best batsman belongs.

The result of that move: 107 off 76 balls.

BQ didn't mattered...they had an overall of 6.7, while our boys combined for 5.1

A huge boost to the rankings, as Mooo CC move 14 places. I'm digging this underdog thing.

So, Lachie Hogg was playing his role to a tee!

SillyCowCorner1

Oh, I also dropped the regular keeper (Blundell), for a back-stopper (Dalton).

He put down a few catches and missed a crucial stumping, but he took a catch and only gave away 5 byes. Great move.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
For those who may not have noticed. Mthombeni moved on to different pastures this morning. And a new wk is being trained up at TMOs. Also The allrounder Jupp who has been opening for the TMOs, has found alternate arrangement's. I hope all goes well with the rest of their careers.

cnerd123

likes this
27 year old Abdul Younis - who joined ZCC as a wee 16 year old - has just scored his first ever competitive 50-over century! And he's no slouch, with a career average of 40 usually batting in the top order. What a game to get it in as well, vs TMO's in a proper Div 1.1 clash away from home!

He only has one other century in his career, against FHK on home turf many moons ago.

SillyCowCorner1

Mooo beats a higher rated team for the second week in a row.

Rested a few of the main guys. Suffered a collapse after a 100-run opening stand; chasing only 208. But Bram Human brought out his wealth of experience to see us home with 12 and a half overs remaining.

This division is getting spicy now,

The Frogmortons about to escape a loss?
For the 3rd consecutive week, we have triumphed over a higher rated team than our Moooo CC.

All of a sudden, we are 4th in the standings,

IMG_3717.jpeg

cnerd123

likes this
Would have been great to see how things would have gone if the CW league was underway.
seems like we'll need to do it the old-school way, but I just don't have the time to set it up.

It would require:

- setting up a google sheet to track results and points table
- generating fixtures, sharing them out
- weekly checking to ensure fixtures are played and results updated

Not too hard if anyone wants to take over and get it done?

SillyCowCorner1

seems like we'll need to do it the old-school way, but I just don't have the time to set it up.

It would require:

- setting up a google sheet to track results and points table
- generating fixtures, sharing them out
- weekly checking to ensure fixtures are played and results updated

Not too hard if anyone wants to take over and get it done?
It's not impossible, but only a reality if everyone is on board with it.