• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Levy just been run out again...
On a serious note... this is only the second time he has been run out in competitive games this season (been run out 6 times in friendlies this season!). However in his previous 5 competitive matches he has been out 'unlucky' 4 times now... and now run out in this match. I can understand bad touch, or getting out to high quality, better bowling and skills. But it feels like engine is just punishing now. And its not just Levy. I do feel like the TMOs are punished because the team is built up of youngsters and thus punished by the engine for not playing enough experienced or older players even though some of my young players are plenty experienced by numbers. There is no other obvious reason for some of the inconsistency. I am not drastically changing team or dynamics or orders, beyond what is required for the changing pitches or opponents.

I don't mind losing against better opponents or a better team overall. Or against a good player having a blinder of a game. What I don't like is losing because all my best players got out in unlucky ways against worse skilled bowlers, and then a 35 skilled bat carting my 40+ skilled bowler around with mistimed hits. Sure it will happen on occasion but the engine should not make it an acceptable norm. I would rather lose to higher quality teams more consistently knowing that when I put together a good team I can trust that my team will perform consistently. Right now the overall random inconsistency in the engine can make the whole experience very frustrating.

It is one of the reasons I make so much fun of BQ... its because it is irrelevant, might as well not put the number up if it is largely meaningless.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is one of the reasons I make so much fun of BQ... its because it is irrelevant, might as well not put the number up if it is largely meaningless.

This is so true. I have a guy on my team, who happens t go by the name of Ernst Levy. His bowling is in the mid-20s...and in most games, his BQ is hovering at 2.5-3.0

Yet, he possesses that 'economical' trait...and his experience is topped out at 20. He is the current captain of Mooo, so that also plays a part in his miserly figures. I don't really care about BQ at all.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is so true. I have a guy on my team, who happens t go by the name of Ernst Levy. His bowling is in the mid-20s...and in most games, his BQ is hovering at 2.5-3.0

Yet, he possesses that 'economical' trait...and his experience is topped out at 20. He is the current captain of Mooo, so that also plays a part in his miserly figures. I don't really care about BQ at all.

Ernst Levy is at it, BQ doesn't matter.

GulWoB.png

We won this game....and btw, their overall BQ is 6.5

cnerd123

likes this
FHK tops the table after the group stages! Clearly the best side in CW. Sure there is a KO stage to come but that's all a lottery anyways. We know who the real champs are :ph34r:

JOJOXI

International Captain
I have just been asked about the format and realised I didn't make a seperate post making it absolutely clear so for anyone else who was unsure

The top 6 go through to the playoffs.
The top 2 go straight through to the semi-finals.

3rd face 6th. 4th face 5th. The winner of these 2 ties go to the semi-finals.

Semi-finals

1st plays the winner of 4th v 5th
2nd plays the winner of 3rd v 6th.

Than final.

Thursday 16th February/Saturday 18th February - ataraXIa v Jura CC
Thursday 16th February/Saturday 18th February - Ashgrove Astronauts v The Wild Geese

Tuesday 21st February - Free HK v Ashgrove Astronauts/The Wild Geese
Tuesday 21st February - The Merry Orangutans v ataraXIa/Jura CC

Saturday 25th February - FINAL

JOJOXI

International Captain
A very tight finish to league phase

TMOs sneaking through for a 2 wicket victory to bag 2nd place ahead of ataraXIa who unsurprisingly beat Winton CC.

The Wild Geese narrowly losing to Zor*x CC that prevented them getting home advantage vs Ashgrove Astronauts. Even more crucially it was a tight enough defeat to deny Zor*x CC the bonus point that would've seen them get 6th, instead missing out on NRR. The side that would've missed out Jura CC, glad that their surprise defeat away at TNT wasn't too costly and that they held out for long enough to keep their NRR above that of Zor*x CC.

GG CC missing out by a single point but perhaps less heartbreak for them in that they done what they needed to do - beat Charminster - but left themselves too much to do on the final day.

JOJOXI

International Captain
An awful season for my 2 sides. A plus point for Charminster CC was that Will Fairhurst got runs and even more impressively young talent Laxman Yavatkar. Fairhurst was the 6th highest run scorer with 585 runs @ 53.18. Meanwhile, Laxman Yavatkar was 10th with 527 runs. Winton CC despite actually winning a couple of games don't feature on any of the top bowling/batting lists!

JOJOXI

International Captain
Winton CC
Charminster CC
Z*rax CC
Free HK
The Wild Geese
Jura CC
ataraXIa
AtaraX Wellington
Mooo
GG CC
Ashgrove Astronauts
Plymouth Pirates
The Net Theorists
The Merry Orangutans

@JOJOXI @cnerd123 @Charlie B @ataraxia @SillyCowCorner1 @Jarquis @StephenZA

Have set the competition up - https://www.stumpedgame.com/ViewFriendlyComp.php?CompID=197

Sign ups open from now until 23rd February. Opening game is 28th February with a match on Tuesday and Saturday. Will probably start opening signups for CWC8 in the gap between close of CWC7 and opening game of this Knockout Comp.

16 team tournament. As of now plan on having 2 bots but if others are not against it wouldn't be against a few non CW human managers taking up last couple spots as long as they aren't the best side in league by a distance on paper. No particular teams in mind but if no objection to this in coming days feel free to invite sides. Just tag me on here if you do so I can no to accept their application.

ataraxia

International Coach
Sent to Jura for Thurs.

Cool to see two AXI players – Simmonds and Daly – comfortably topping the CWC7 aggregates. Normally we're more of a bit-part team.

ataraxia

International Coach
It's an AXI–AXW T20 tripleheader down in Wellington this Sunday. Always a fun festival, with plenty runs and wickets. AXI have been dominating as they should, but have put out a weakened side for the final match, which has just now begun. Senior players Nick Smith, keeper-captain Chambers, and Waters have a lot on their shoulders, and will bat first.

AX-W pacer Tye Ramsbottom has a penchant for the random good knock. Normally this might occur in some competitive match with funky orders, or in a slow slow wag to slightly reduce the margin of defeat in a OD friendly. But here it comes in a T20, from #10, against a very strong attack: 40* (18) including 22 off the final over. It's his career high score, and restores his achievement of being not out in his HSs in all formats. Dragged the team to a competitive total there.

In the second fixture, Smith went bonkers, as he is rather prone to do – especially whilst partnering leftie Winton. 76* (32) out of a 105-run partnership. He's decent!

The match beginning now is Waters' final for the club: his 100th T20 friendly us. Been terrific, especially with regard to his Economical trait and excellent fielding and fishkeeping (??), but at 28 is declining rapidly BQ-wise, and as an offie spins it the wrong way. A gun nonetheless.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
@JOJOXI @cnerd123 @Charlie B @ataraxia @SillyCowCorner1 @Jarquis @StephenZA

Have set the competition up - https://www.stumpedgame.com/ViewFriendlyComp.php?CompID=197

Sign ups open from now until 23rd February. Opening game is 28th February with a match on Tuesday and Saturday. Will probably start opening signups for CWC8 in the gap between close of CWC7 and opening game of this Knockout Comp.

16 team tournament. As of now plan on having 2 bots but if others are not against it wouldn't be against a few non CW human managers taking up last couple spots as long as they aren't the best side in league by a distance on paper. No particular teams in mind but if no objection to this in coming days feel free to invite sides. Just tag me on here if you do so I can no to accept their application.
accepted ty

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Exciting game from TNT today... best batsmen Caldwell playing a brilliant 100+* run knock to get TNT over the line. Really good from him. Has struggled this season with a growing young team around him.