• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka Cricket to Lift it's Ban on ICL Players

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I tend to regard home series' as home series' and away series' as away series' TBH. :unsure:
Yeah I knew what you meant, just being a **** of a pedant, because nowhere in this sentence did you mention destination of series, "I like SL and always enjoy watching England play them but the last time was just 2006."

:p

dheeruyadav

Cricket Spectator
I think every cricketing body should lift the ban from ICL players. They should give recognition to the ICL so that we can see some good cricket competitions.

brockley

International Captain
Appaently pakistan ICL has signed some players but up and comers no big names,but mohamad asif was training with the pakistan ICL team yesterday,definitely won't endear him to he PCB.
But i guess likelihood is he will go to ICL if he is found guilty nandrolone at the IPL hearing in october.
Anyne with any latest news on the srilankan ICL team.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Asif goes to the ICL it'll be neither surprising nor will it terribly disappoint me any more. I've come to the conclusion in recent times that Asif simply doesn't have the mentality to avoid wasting his copious talent.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Appaently pakistan ICL has signed some players but up and comers no big names,but mohamad asif was training with the pakistan ICL team yesterday,definitely won't endear him to he PCB.
But i guess likelihood is he will go to ICL if he is found guilty nandrolone at the IPL hearing in october.
Anyne with any latest news on the srilankan ICL team.
That poses a really interesting question for ICL management.

ICL wants to be accepted and maybe needs to get accepted in order to fliurish but it will never happen, certainly in the short term.

If Asif is found guilty and banned from cricket, would it be in their interests to confirm their outlaw status by playing a player with an international drugs ban but at the same time bring on board a genuine superstar that would raise the interest, standard and profile of the league. Or do they pass on a banned player like Asif and continue to try and be legit?

I actually dont know which is the best for this particular league.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If they played a banned player, they lose any chance at respectibility, IMO

Apparently the dudes from the ICL are meeting the ICC next week

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If they played a banned player, they lose any chance at respectibility, IMO

Apparently the dudes from the ICL are meeting the ICC next week
Didn't IPL allow a banned Akhtar to play ? But I guess that was okay since it was IPL

Wait...Shoaib's ban was postponed till his retirement.....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I thought IPL didn't let him play?

Any league in any sport who allows a player serving a drugs ban to play is a joke, IMO. Which is why I hope the ICL doesn't, as I don't want it to add any fuel to the authoritarian fire

Migara

International Coach
I thought IPL didn't let him play?

Any league in any sport who allows a player serving a drugs ban to play is a joke, IMO. Which is why I hope the ICL doesn't, as I don't want it to add any fuel to the authoritarian fire
You guessed that IPL is a joke.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IPL didn't let him play while banned. The ban was postponed so he was a legal player during the tournament.