• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa Domestic season 2010-11

SeamUp

International Coach
SHAYLEN PILLAY

LENASIA South’s Shaylen Pillay has been chosen for the Cricket South Africa u/19 squad that will tour England in July.

The tour forms an important part of the team’s preparation for the u/19 ICC Cricket World Cup to take place in Australia next year, with eleven players in this squad eligible to play. The team will be expected to play seven one day internationals during the tour.

A sports fanatic, Pillay has previously played for the u/19 team against Zimbabwe. He has also represented Gauteng in the Khaya Majola u/19 Cricket Week in Bloemfontein and has made the Premier League debut for Old Edwardians scoring in excess of 300 runs in six innings. He has achieved a phenomenal record in excess of 1500 runs and 50 wickets in all formats of the game.

Speaking to the Rising Sun, Pillay says that he is honoured to represent the country.

While the ‘batting all rounder’ believes that he has gained tremendous exposure, he notes that one of his biggest challenges has been to adapt to different people and their personalities.

And what about the highlights of his cricketing career thus far? Pillay says that this includes being invited to bat against Anil Kumble, Johan Botha, and Paul Harris. Also, making a first class debut with Goolam Bodi for Highveld Strikers, winning the Gauteng Premier League 40 over competition against Wits, and taking 4 wickets for 10 runs fall into his ‘highlights’ category.

While he looks up to players like Sachin Tendulkar, Pillay believes that it’s about working your way up; he remembers how he started off playing for Bakers Mini Cricket.

Motivated by his love for the game, Pillay hopes to one day to play for the Proteas in the World Cup.

Local lad to take on England - Sport | looklocal Lenasia

SeamUp

International Coach
South African centrally contracted players

Major changes have been Tahir and Ingram getting contracts and Paul Harris not bein given one.

BATSMAN
Graeme Smith
Alviro Petersen
Hashim Amla
AB De Villiers
JP Duminy
Ashwell Prince
Colin Ingram
Loots Bosman

ALL-ROUNDERS
Jacques Kallis
Albie Morkel
Ryan McLaren

WICKET-KEEPER
Mark Boucher

SPINNERS
Imran Tahir
Johan Botha
Robbie Peterson

FAST BOWLERS
Dale Steyn
Morne Morkel
Lonwabo Tsotsobe
Wayne Parnell
Rusty Theron

Bosman getting a contract is an absolute joke. I also think Alviro Petersen is a dead-man walking with Jacques Rudolph and Dean Elgar waiting in the wings.

CSA can contract up 22 players so there are 2 spots available still.

SeamUp

International Coach
contracted players for the 2011/2012 season.

The squad is as follows:

Hashim Amla – CSA Contract
Loots Bosman – CSA Contract
Imran Tahir – CSA Contract

Imraan Khan
Daryn Smit
David Miller
Ahmed Amla
Khaya Zondo
Cameron Delport
Kyle Abbott
Mthokozisi Shezi
Keshav Maharaj
Tabraiz Shamzi
Devon Conway
Vaughn Van Jaarsveld
* Robbie Frylinck
*Dane Patterson
Cody Chetty (rookie)
Matthew Hulett (rookie)

*Players marked with a star are new recruits
The squad reflects the next stage of the rebuilding process of the Dolphins team.
Graham Ford, Head Coach for the Dolphins commented, “We have a young and exciting group of contracted players for the 2011/12 season with eleven of the sixteen contracted players being 23 years old or younger. There is also a strong local flavour to the squad with 75% of the contracted players having completed their schooling in Kwazulu Natal.”
“The growth and development of the Dolphins team has been pleasing this season with improvements in all aspects of the game. Finishing top of the league after the group stages of both the MTN40 and the Standard Bank Pro20 competition, thereby qualifying for the semi finals, was proof of this improvement. The disappointment was not crossing the line in any of the 4 semi finals, albeit by the narrowest of margin,” commented Dolphins Cricket CEO, Jesse Chellan.
Chellan stated, “Winning at the business end of major competitions becomes our new frontier for the coming season.”
The batting unit at the Dolphins has started to take shape and the focus has been around strengthening the bowling department. The addition of Robbie Frylinck and Dane Patterson will bolster this department. Key to the success of the team for the forthcoming season, will also be the recruiting of an overseas fast bowler.
The Suncoast Dolphins Academy and the Dolphins High Performance system (Elite Age Group Squads) in PMB and Durban, are vital components of the Dolphins player pipeline and under the guidance of Academy Coach Yashin Ebrahim, the expectation is to develop match winners and future Proteas, to complement the contracted squad.
Graham Ford noted that even though the team progressed well last season, it is understood that this group of players need to work very hard to make significant improvements so that in time, KZN Cricket (Pty) Ltd can produce a Dolphins team, capable of dominating SA domestic cricket.
“Outside of the contracted squad, there are other club and provincial players (from Durban and PMB) that will again be involved in the winter programs. We are again casting our net wide and those that perform consistently will be given a fair chance. Our challenge is to harness the exuberance of youth and compliment it with some experience, to develop a match winning team. The challenge is significant but given time and a unity of purpose, I have no doubt that we are on the road to success” said Jesse Chellan, CEO of KZN Cricket (Pty) Ltd.

I THINK PRENELAN SUBRAYEN AND CALVIN SAVAGE WILL MAKE THIS SQUAD VERY SOON AFTER FINISHING SCHOOL

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South African centrally contracted players

Major changes have been Tahir and Ingram getting contracts and Paul Harris not bein given one.

BATSMAN
Graeme Smith
Alviro Petersen
Hashim Amla
AB De Villiers
JP Duminy
Ashwell Prince
Colin Ingram
Loots Bosman

ALL-ROUNDERS
Jacques Kallis
Albie Morkel
Ryan McLaren

WICKET-KEEPER
Mark Boucher

SPINNERS
Imran Tahir
Johan Botha
Robbie Peterson

FAST BOWLERS
Dale Steyn
Morne Morkel
Lonwabo Tsotsobe
Wayne Parnell
Rusty Theron

Bosman getting a contract is an absolute joke. I also think Alviro Petersen is a dead-man walking with Jacques Rudolph and Dean Elgar waiting in the wings.

CSA can contract up 22 players so there are 2 spots available still.
Faf pretty unlucky not to get a contract. Harris to go Kolpak...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Albie getting a contract ahead of Faf surprises me a bit. Sign of an immediate return to the limited overs teams I'm guessing. Bosman is a waste though when you considered Harris has missed out.

SeamUp

International Coach
Albie getting a contract ahead of Faf surprises me a bit. Sign of an immediate return to the limited overs teams I'm guessing. Bosman is a waste though when you considered Harris has missed out.
I think Albie should definitely have got a contract.

Its a big debate about the young batsman getting contracts. Faf had a good season and I think he was chosen ahead of the other young batsman in the WC due to his ability against spin perhaps being superior at this stage to some of our other younger batsman with talent.

Ingram, Faf, Elgar, Van Zyl, Miller, Vandiar and Rossouw are all in a fight to get a look in at international level. Also Devon Conway is highly regarded by many but he is a bit wet behind the ears at this stage.

mella

Cricket Spectator
cloete deserve place in top five

congratulations Gihahn for making the u/19 tour to Endland.Ialso want to take this oppertunity to congratulate you as a south african for two things: Being the 3rd youngest player and the firstyoungest player of colour to score a hundred in first class cricket AND for your excellent performance in Zimbabwe with James Price where you guys put on a sa under19 record partnership with over 220 runs.I also followed your excellent performances on schooland on club level from the age of 14.Stay as humble as you are and enjoy England.:):)

Langeveldt

Soutie
I hate this so much, just when I thought we were shot of the fourth worst post isolation player to represent SA, he snicks back in via the IPL.. Perhaps I'm overly biased against Albie, but I really hope they don't throw him the ball and just use him as a lower order hitter..

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just have Albie bat at 6 (or even 5) and give him no more than 5 overs. Problem solved. Selectors should have rolled for not taking him and Dave Miller to the WC. If Albie was Indian he would have played 150+ ODIs by now and been an integral part of their WC winning side.