• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So Who Is Still Interested?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
NL Patrick - Blax

Will do next to nothing during the regular season, only to win us finals titles, only for the rest of the team to lose us finals titles.

Got to heart the CWXI.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Crampton signed up previously when Liam did an activity check, so it's a bit of a bummer not to see him sign up now.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Captain should be chasing such things imo.
Yeah, fair call, but disagree.

I'm not going to chase people if they aren't interested. Don't see the point in sending an email to someone saying "sign in dude!", for them only to sign in and then remain inactive - taking up a slot in a team which an active person could have.

People sign in on their own accord because they're geniunely interested in the game not because they're pushed to do so to make the results better for the captain.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I am still interested.

I have a question though. How does the damn thing work :blink:

I mean what data do you feed in to start with about the players assuming, of course, that no one has played any cricket here ever. surely there is something fed in which increases the probability of some players to score runs than the others and so on.

Is it any kind of concocted batting and bowling records or does the computer pick up tips from the batting order for example?

Can some one explain please.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, fair call, but disagree.

I'm not going to chase people if they aren't interested. Don't see the point in sending an email to someone saying "sign in dude!", for them only to sign in and then remain inactive - taking up a slot in a team which an active person could have.

People sign in on their own accord because they're geniunely interested in the game not because they're pushed to do so to make the results better for the captain.
Crampton's obviously interested, just isn't hugely active on CW these days so probably has missed the fact CWXI has actually possibly got going for the first time in a year.

Simple nudge couldn't hurt.

cbuts

International Debutant
Depends, given current numbers we have the option of keeping 5 teams and having no internationals during the dev league season, or we cut it to 4, have more internationals and bigger squads.
As Liam suggested a while back there is also the option of allowing one overseas based player per team but that is not ideal imo but it's something that should be looked at.
Maybe we could allow the overseas player, but only when teams cant fill the spot with an actual player.

id rather see us having to make up the numbers occasionally, if it meant that more people were playing consistently. at least that way it keeps more people playing

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am still interested.

I have a question though. How does the damn thing work :blink:

I mean what data do you feed in to start with about the players assuming, of course, that no one has played any cricket here ever. surely there is something fed in which increases the probability of some players to score runs than the others and so on.

Is it any kind of concocted batting and bowling records or does the computer pick up tips from the batting order for example?

Can some one explain please.
With all the stats people signed up with they go into a program and matches are simulated. Obviously people with better stats are generally more likely to perform well and so forth...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Forum Name: Blewy
First Name: Liam
Last Name : Goff
First and middle initials (eg LF for Lance Fred Smith): LJ
Date of Birth (dd-mm-yyyy):12/12/1992

Handedness (LHB/RHB): RHB
Keeper? (Yes/No): Yes
Bowling (OS/LS/LAS/Chinaman/F/FM/MF/M):
General Batting position (1-11): 7

Batting Avge: 37
Bowling Avge:
Bowling Econ. (optional):
Batting SR (FC cricket): 56
Fielding rating: Multiples of 3 please, with 3 being lowest and 27 highest:
(eg Reon King =3, Jonty Rhodes = 27; 3,6,9 etc.) 27

Email Address: brendon dot goff at big pond dot com

Jakester1288

International Regular
Forum Name: Jakester1288
First Name: Jake
Last Name : McDonald
First and middle initials (eg LF for Lance Fred Smith): JA
Date of Birth (dd-mm-yyyy): 19-09-95

Handedness (LHB/RHB): RHB
Keeper? (Yes/No): No
Bowling (OS/LS/LAS/Chinaman/F/FM/MF/M): OS
General Batting position (1-11): 1

Batting Avge: 46
Bowling Avge: 30
Bowling Econ. (optional): 3
Batting SR (FC cricket): 40
Fielding rating: Multiples of 3 please, with 3 being lowest and 27 highest: 12

Email Address: leagueandcars@hotmail.com

Still want to be with Colts if possible. If the team I get wants me to be a medium pacer, I can do that too.