• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should England forget about Trescothick?

Should england forget about Trescothick?

• Yes

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Don't care - the whole saga's boring anyway

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I believe you, but it just amazes me that Rich who's an ex youth player would have no trouble with him. When was this btw?.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Pup Clarke said:
I believe you, but it just amazes me that Rich who's an ex youth player would have no trouble with him. When was this btw?.
It was one match 3/4 years ago 8-)

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I don't understand why some England fans are clamouring for Trescothcik to come back.

He was never a particularly good player in the test arena. Surely with guys like Denly and Chopra on the fringes, it's time too look at the future than hope for a guy who has largely struggled outside England.

Cook is settling in nicely and even tho Strauss may be struggling, I 'm not convinced Trescothick is a better player than him.

I can see a possible case for his return in ODI's but even here, I think he's a bit overrated....most of hist best knocks have come in England.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't understand why some England fans are clamouring for Trescothcik to come back.

He was never a particularly good player in the test arena.
No, well, I don't think so anyway, but no-one deserves to have their career ended like this.

Not to mention the fact that he was (and probably is) a rather good ODI player.

open365

He was never a particularly good player in the test arena. Surely with guys like Denly and Chopra on the fringes, it's time too look at the future than hope for a guy who has largely struggled outside England.

Cook is settling in nicely and even tho Strauss may be struggling, I 'm not convinced Trescothick is a better player than him.

I can see a possible case for his return in ODI's but even here, I think he's a bit overrated....most of hist best knocks have come in England.
Tres>Strauss

Last edited:

Dasa

England should forget about Trescothick in that they should make their plans for future tours etc with the presumption that he won't be around. If he does return in the future, it'll be a bonus but the management should (and probably do) assume he'll be absent.

pup11

International Coach
I think people should respect Tresco's condition and give him his space, he has been a superb player for England and just because he is not well for sometime English selectors just can't turn their backs on him, he still thinks he needs some more time to recover and i respect his decision, atleast he is not rushing back into the team.