• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Bangladesh And Zimbabwe Be Stripped Of Their Test Status?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Will people continue to buy into Bangladesh cricket?? I know I wouldnt pay money to watch them, I guess people do though..

When will proper cricketing nations get sick and tired of two/three day test matches?
marketing can make people buy anything...although it must be really difficult to get people to buy into this pathetic disgrace, ie the bangladeshi "test team"....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
When will proper cricketing nations get sick and tired of two/three day test matches?
Hmm, duration of game for recent Bangladesh games (ignoring Zimbabwe)

England - 3, 3
India - 4, 4
WI - 5, 4
England - 5, 4
Pakistan - 5, 4, 4
Australia - 3, 4
SA - 4, 4

So that's 15 games, and apart from the recent 2, they'd lasted at least 4 days on 12 out of 13 occasions - so where's all these games they'd get sick and tired of?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:

England - 3, 3
India - 4, 4
WI - 5, 4
England - 5, 4
Pakistan - 5, 4, 4
Australia - 3, 4
SA - 4, 4

So that's 15 games, and apart from the recent 2, they'd lasted at least 4 days on 12 out of 13 occasions - so where's all these games they'd get sick and tired of?
even so, most of these matches have been ridiculously one-sided...quite a few of these matches which stretched into the 4th and 5th days saw huge scores by the opponents who were using the bang bowlers for batting practice...doesn't necessarily show that bang competed...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Some of those performances definitely do.

The Pakistan series for one, as when England toured, and also the Australia series where on a Green top they batted over a day.

They're definitely improving.

deeps

International 12th Man
Swervy said:
its true.... :D

have alook at those stats that I posted from cricinfo...they have all generally improved by 25% in the last 2 years

pity they'd need to improve a further 225% to even be competitive :happy:

shaka

International Regular
marc71178 said:

England - 3, 3
India - 4, 4
WI - 5, 4
England - 5, 4
Pakistan - 5, 4, 4
Australia - 3, 4
SA - 4, 4

why no NZ there?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I was only going back so far - could've continued but the general trend was there to dispell this talk of all these 2 and 3 day games.

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
I was only going back so far - could've continued but the general trend was there to dispell this talk of all these 2 and 3 day games.
bit strange then that they last played against NZ less than a year ago.

tooextracool

International Coach
Anil said:
even so, most of these matches have been ridiculously one-sided...quite a few of these matches which stretched into the 4th and 5th days saw huge scores by the opponents who were using the bang bowlers for batting practice...doesn't necessarily show that bang competed...
perhaps a more accurate indication would be the number of innings defeats?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tooextracool said:
bit strange then that they last played against NZ less than a year ago.
Whoops, just realised that searching based on Habibul didn't point out he missed the whole series.

Still, that'd only e another 2 4 day games to add to the point I was making.

Scallywag

Banned
Bangladesh are not improving.

They took six wickets in a two test series.

Last time they played England at least 28 wickets were taken.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scallywag said:
Bangladesh are not improving.

They took six wickets in a two test series.

Last time they played England at least 28 wickets were taken.
I think that speaks volumes for how England have improved more than anything - they now have a much more ruthless streak about them.

BARMY_LAD

Cricket Spectator
YET ANOTHER MASSIVE BANGLADESH DEFEAT (AN INNINGS AND 27 RUNS)
The match was over within 28 balls of the third days play.

I ask the question once again... Is this good for test cricket?
Does this send out the right message for the game?
Will people be flocking to see them in their next test match?
I THINK NOT!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I notice that Bangladesh scored at 4.33 an over in their second innings. Having not seen the match, was this more reflective of how well the Bang batsmen batted or English bowling considering they had the match in the bag?

I also notice that England scored at almost 6-per-over in their innings............

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Top_Cat said:
I notice that Bangladesh scored at 4.33 an over in their second innings. Having not seen the match, was this more reflective of how well the Bang batsmen batted or English bowling considering they had the match in the bag?

I also notice that England scored at almost 6-per-over in their innings............
Think I heard that England played with typical Vaughan field placings.

I.e. seven slips, a short leg and gully. ;)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only someone like Scallywag could possibly directly compare a series in Bangladesh conditions (where England had the likes of Rikki Clarke, Butcher and Hussain and Saggers and Johnson in the second Test) with a series early in England where they trounced WI & NZ the previous season.

I should add that even Rikki Clarke averaged 32 with the bat and 15 with the ball against that Bangladesh team, Johnson took 9 wickets @ 10.33, Harmison 9 @ 8.77.

Last edited: