• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne

Camel56

Banned
Neil Pickup said:
You know, that post may have been more effective had you not spelt "losers" incorrectly.
Neil - im well aware of the correct spelling for "losers." Perhaps i should have written (sic) after it.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
According to the ICC evidence, both chuck to some degree.
Actually, I don't think Warne was included in the testing. That's not to say Murali should be pilloried though, just an observation! haha

Camel56

Banned
Neil Pickup said:
One of the better hole-extrications I've seen.
Neil if you're trying to imply that i dont actually know how to spell "loser" then perhaps you should speak to my good freind, and Australia's leading social commentator Mr Pinkline Jones. He will confirm that the spelling of loser as "LOOSER" is a personal joke between the two of us and is meant to indicate a person who is far beyond being merely a loser.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Camel56 said:
Neil if you're trying to imply that i dont actually know how to spell "loser" then perhaps you should speak to my good freind, and Australia's leading social commentator Mr Pinkline Jones. He will confirm that the spelling of loser as "LOOSER" is a personal joke between the two of us and is meant to indicate a person who is far beyond being merely a loser.
Keep digging ;)

Camel56

Banned
Not digging anything mate. Perhaps if you bothered to do your research you would see this. Its always hard to show fools the light though so im not going to bother trying with you.

indie2

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Camel56 said:
Of course everyone believes you...

we don't have to ask your "freind"

Top_Cat

Camel; I like you and your postings quite a bit usually but you're bording on trolling right now. I'm in the 'Murali doesn't chuck' camp personally but I'm not going to indulge you in a thread titled 'Shane Warne' and neither should anyone else for that matter.

All I'm asking is that you pare back the attitude just a little, okay? I don't really want to close this thread.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
You are giving the anti Murali contingent here a really bad name by resorting to personal insults...
Nobody pays the slightest bit of attention to him to be fair.

His other stupid posts have already marked him as a bit of a waste of space.

Craig

World Traveller
Camel56 said:
The bloke has been called for throwing before you clowns. Those are the facts. All the experts say he throws too so theres some more facts for you uphill gardening LOOSERS.
And these experts are?

Camel56

Banned
marc71178 said:
Nobody pays the slightest bit of attention to him to be fair.

His other stupid posts have already marked him as a bit of a waste of space.
Mark, i can understand your jealousy because of my vastly superior cricketing ability and brain but i think you've gone over the top with that one.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Camel56 said:
Not digging anything mate. Perhaps if you bothered to do your research you would see this. Its always hard to show fools the light though so im not going to bother trying with you.
Yeah mate... Show us all the light... Whatever... Save all of our godless, pagan souls. 8-)

ijaz

Cricket Spectator
What some people dont realise about murili, whether or not he throws is pretty much a divided topic but when you have a closer look at warne and murili you find that murili has played far more games on classic pure spin tracks against lesser opponents in some cases, have a look at his record outise the sub continent i think you will find the statistics quite amazing compared to Warne. He will undoubtably take the record at some stage, whether or not he deserves it is pretty much up to each indivdual.. :D

Camel56

Banned
ijaz,
thats a good point. There is also the fact that murali plays in a team where he is far and away the main strike force and as a consequence bowls a rediculous number of overs per test match. Warne on the other hand is in a side with arguably the best fast/medium bowler in history in McGrath, an excellent and in my opinion very much underrated bowler in Gillespie and another top line bowler in Kasperwicz or whoever else they choose. Warne isnt relied on to take the majority of wickets or bowl the number of overs like murali is. In a lot of cases he gets to the bowling crease after the openers have taken 2, 3 or 4 wickets early. There simply isnt the number of wickets for him left to take. Murali on the other hand will be bowled and bowled and bowled and through sheer weight of balls and lack of ability of the rest of the bowling attack takes a lot more wickets than he would as part of a bowling lineup like Australia's.

Top_Cat

Oh for crying out loud...........

Just want to re-iterate that this thread is called SHANE WARNE. This is the first and final warning; any more OT posts and the thread is gone, badda-bing badda-boom. Fuhgeddabouddit.

C_C

International Captain
Murali has a lot more wickets than Warne against the Zimboks and the bangles..
Warne has a lot more wickets against the english and the saffies- two teams who are perhaps a SHADE better than the bangles at playing spin.
Oh by the way- the benchmark of measuing the greats is against the best of the best.
The best players of spin-bar none- on this planet are the indians......and warne has bowled like a grade 9 schoolboy against the indians.....murali hasnt exactly dazzled either, but his hauls are MUCH MUCH better than Warne.....

Warne also has a very very mediocre record against the other great spin-playing side of his time- the west indies. ( lara, chanderpaul,hooper,sarwan are all excellent players of spin). Murali by contrast has positively shined against the Windies....
Warne is a bit overrated......he fails to come though against the best of the best.

Oh and Camel- you might realise that you are either misinformed or lying outta your ****- the OVERWHELMING concensus amongst people that KNOW about bowling mechanics ( take the word of a scientist any day of the week over an ex-great who knows very little about flexion, tolerance limits and torque-induced flexion) will tell you that if murali is a chucker, so is warne.
Murali is a better spinner than Warne- no two ways about it.
The day Warne comes to party against the best of the best, then we can talk. scalping english batsmen who's proficiency of playing spin is on par with club-cricketers from india and WI might give you a good record, but if anyone actually WATCHES test cricket, they'll know that there aint much that sepereates the likes of Michael Vaughan from Habibul Bashar or Tatenda taibu when it comes to playing wrist spin.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
C_C said:
murali hasnt exactly dazzled either, but his hauls are MUCH MUCH better than Warne.....
Thats because he played a few matches against them at the start of his career and got smashed, and the 1998 series was when his shoulder really started playing up.

IMO it is better to compare them using away records (because Murali gets stupid amounts of turn at home) and it is very tight, but Warne marginally wins.

C_C

International Captain
Thats because he played a few matches against them at the start of his career and got smashed, and the 1998 series was when his shoulder really started playing up.
Murali played atleast 50% of his tests against IND in the 90s too.....
and warne has gotten smashed every single time against IND.......even in the last series, with IND batting struggling and the AUS bowlers dominating, Warne went for over 30 runs per wicket and didnt get 4 wicket/match ratio.....
atleast Murali has had ONE good series against IND.......
Warne's problem with IND is that he has been mentally disintegrated by the likes of Sidhu,Azhar and Sachin.....much like how Cullinan was disintegrated mentally against Warne......
But no excuses....until you perform against the best, you aint the best!