• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 11 Activity Check

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
dontcloseyoureyes said:
There was one at the end of the first quarter I think? In any case, there's some players who haven't been very active of late.
Pretty sure it was halfway. I think the activity has been at it's highest for the season lately. But, yeah, there seems to be a select few who propose their activity, and then don't appear again until they have to.

Dydl

International Debutant
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I guess they could just lurk about a bit, checking results as they have contraints on their time. There obviously has to be a line, though.
That's what I do; check out the forum and relevant threads, see if there are any results up, occasionally post a sentence or two in one of the threads, then go and look in CC and OT etc. I don't have that much time on my hands ATM so I've just been checking it and basically going off again soon after.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Dydl said:
That's what I do; check out the forum and relevant threads, see if there are any results up, occasionally post a sentence or two in one of the threads, then go and look in CC and OT etc. I don't have that much time on my hands ATM so I've just been checking it and basically going off again soon after.
Don't worry those three lines will last you another six months. :ph34r:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
If he becomes active again do we get him back or will he be put up for "auction"?
I think you get him back if he comes back before the end of the season. If he comes back after it, he'll be auctioned.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mister Wright said:
Pretty sure it was halfway. I think the activity has been at it's highest for the season lately. But, yeah, there seems to be a select few who propose their activity, and then don't appear again until they have to.
Hopefully a continual strong policy will be maintained for that sort of person.

Anyone who needs telling to sign in or something is not IMO active.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Hopefully a continual strong policy will be maintained for that sort of person.

Anyone who needs telling to sign in or something is not IMO active.
I agree if someone is continually needed to be reminded to post. However, from time to time people do get very busy. Like almost the entire of last season, I barely was on cricketweb. Posted my WCC teams and that was about it. I totally missed the activity check for last season, but it doesn't mean I didn't care, just that I totally forgot about it. Since then, in particular this season, I've been my most active and enjoyed it again.

I have no sympathy for somene who only posts once or twice a season to keep up activity check, but if someone has missed it due to other commitments I wouldn't be too harsh on them as long as it doesn't continue to happen.

ash chaulk

International Captain
to be honest... you need to be logged in to download the scorecards and im sure everyone looks at them how hard is it to press quick reply and write down well played so and so??

Travis_Teh

International Regular
ash chaulk said:
to be honest... you need to be logged in to download the scorecards and im sure everyone looks at them how hard is it to press quick reply and write down well played so and so??
Agreed.

Never though I'd say that, though.

Anyone who can't manage to post "HELLO WELL PLAYED AM TEAM!!!!!" once a quarter deserves to get the arse. Blunt and to the point. Don't care about their circumstances to be honest.