• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SA20 2024

SeamUp

International Coach
Most wickets (RPO)

Seamers
Baartman 16 (7.09)
Worrall 15 (7.60)
M Jansen 15 (7.68)
Williams 15 (9.92)
Parnell 14 (10.56)

Dala 13 (8.36)
Ngidi 13 (9.67)
Topley 12 (8.25)
Burger 11 (7.94)
Stoinis 10 (7.11)

Rabada 9 (8.81)
D Pretorius 9 (9.02)
Phehlukwayo 9 (9.31)
McCoy 9 (9.52)
Dupavillon 9 (9.83)

Thushara 8 (9.24)
Naveen 8 (8.18)

E Bosch 6 (8.25)
S Curran 6 (10.03)
Swanepoel 5 (8.13)

Spinners
Maharaj 13 (7.21)
Noor Ahmad 12 (5.82)
Shamsi 10 (7.70)
Tahir 9 (7.61)
Dawson 8 (7.53)

Rashid 8 (8.30)

Kaber 7 (7.88)
Linde 7 (8.03)
Jacks 6 (6.43)
Fortuin 6 (7.14)

SeamUp

International Coach
Where did nandre burger even come from? Impression I got was that he was a half baked domestic hack, but he wrecked india and now he's hitting 140+ and swinging the new ball consistently from a left arm angle.
You're not wrong. Seemed to have potential but maybe 140kph max and was in-and-out of teams for inconsistency and injury issues but then I saw him in our 50-over comp where they were all in Potch around covid time. Coming in with purpose & aggression in his run-up and action & smashing people on the head but also getting that swing. Think he fractured Breetzke's finger in the one game. Hasn't looked back since.

Bahseph

State Captain
You're not wrong. Seemed to have potential but maybe 140kph max and was in-and-out of teams for inconsistency and injury issues but then I saw him in our 50-over comp where they were all in Potch around covid time. Coming in with purpose & aggression in his run-up and action & smashing people on the head but also getting that swing. Think he fractured Breetzke's finger in the one game. Hasn't looked back since.
It's wild that we have him and Jansen with Mapahaka waiting in the wings. Quality left armers.

Molehill

International Captain
Most wickets (RPO)

Seamers
Baartman 16 (7.09)
Worrall 15 (7.60)
M Jansen 15 (7.68)
Williams 15 (9.92)
Parnell 14 (10.56)
Worrall has surprised me, for someone of his age, 85 T20's is not really a huge amount (has played same number of FC games). Don't think he's played much T20 in England the last couple of years whilst at Surrey. Turned out to be an excellent signing.

SeamUp

International Coach
It's a problem fitting all these quicks in for the WC.

Rickelton
RvD/QdK/R Hendricks/Breetzke/Hermann
Markram
Klaasen
Stubbs
Miller
M Jansen
Maharaj
Rabada
Baartman
Nortje

Mulder
Shamsi/Fortuin
Coetzee/Burger/Ngidi/Williams

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
It's a problem fitting all these quicks in for the WC.

Rickelton
Markram
Klaasen
Stubbs
Miller
M Jansen
Maharaj
Rabada
Baartman
Nortje

Mulder
Shamsi/Fortuin
Coetzee/Burger/Ngidi/Williams
I would be tempted to play Mulder in place of Nortje. Between him and Markram the 5th bowler should be okay, and he has shown some decent batting this tournament.

SeamUp

International Coach
Goes without saying but Markram should be captain & Maharaj our vice captain. Dare I say it, in all formats.

There is a new auction for next year. Teams retain 5/6 players.

Saffers by games played.

13- Breetzke, Klaasen, Maharaj

12-Smuts, de Kock, Mulder

11- J Hermann, Stubbs, Markram, Harmer, van Buuren, Lubbe, B Fortuin, Du Plessis, R Hendricks, Ferreira, Burger, Tahir

10- M Jansen, Kruger, Miller, Phehlukwayo, Shamsi, Rossouw, E Bosch, Rickelton, Vd Dussen, Brevis, Rabada

9- D.Pretorius, Ngidi, Williams, Linde

8- Baartman, Ingram, Parnell, Dupavillon, Kaber

7- Verreynne

6- de Zorzi, Esterhuizen

5- Dala, Swanepoel, Makhanya, T de Bruyn, C Bosch

4- Vilas, Muthusamy

3- Simmonds, Galiem, Dadswell, Viljoen, B Hendricks

2- Yusuf, R Herman (rookie), Potgieter, N van Heerden

1- Subrayen, Bavuma, E Jones, N Peter (rookie), Phangiso

0- Parsons (rookie), J Smith, Erwee, Simelane (rookie), Gqamane, Seleka, F Adams, Dudgeon, Boast (rookie), T van Vuuren (rookie), Roelfsen, D Jansen

Injured- Nortje, Coetzee, Magala, M Pretorius

Last edited:

Stefan9

International Debutant
One thing I would like them to have a look at is the criteria for the emerging player. It doesn't make sense to me that an established international like Jansen can get it.

SeamUp

International Coach
One thing I would like them to have a look at is the criteria for the emerging player. It doesn't make sense to me that an established international like Jansen can get it.
Agreed. That for the reward? Criteria was for U23s only?

Stefan9

International Debutant
Agreed. That for the reward? Criteria was for U23s only?
Yes for SA20 player only needed to be 23 or under at the start of the tournament.
IPL has extra requirements. No more then 5 tests or 20 odi's or 25 ipl games played at the start of the tournament.

FBU

International Debutant
IPLT20 is really like the T20 Blast. Mostly English players. See Abell and du Plooy in today.
I suppose they move on next to the BPL and the PSL. Hendricks, Hales, Needsham and Pretorius are in the BPL.

Abu Dhabi Knight Riders: Alishan Sharafu, Sabir Ali, Fabian Allen, David Willey, Ravi Bopara, Josh Little, Laurie Evans, Michael Pepper (wk), Jason Roy, Sam Hain, Sunil Narine (c)

Dubai Capitals: Raja Akifullah Khan, Haider Ali, Tom Abell, Scott Kuggeleijn, Dasun Shanaka, Ollie Stone, Leus du Plooy, Tom Banton, Max Holden, Sam Billings (c and wk), Sikandar Raza

Last edited: