• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reasons for Asterisk - the 2023 version

mackembhoy

International Debutant
You’re mistaken. We enter high school at 11. Sixth form at 16.
Not everywhere. We've still got First, Middle and High school in most of Northumberland

Someone has bothered to list all the middle schools still going on Wikipedia :laugh: List of middle schools in England - Wikipedia

I much preferred it as I'd have been pathetic at high school at 11, especially as mine had sixth form and 18 year olds. Was better prepared by 13

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Not everywhere. We've still got First, Middle and High school in most of Northumberland

Someone has bothered to list all the middle schools still going on Wikipedia :laugh: List of middle schools in England - Wikipedia

I much preferred it as I'd have been pathetic at high school at 11, especially as mine had sixth form and 18 year olds. Was better prepared by 13
Same here - we had middle schools- although not any longer.

Our school had about 1300 pupils so going into that environment at 11 must be tough.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I suspect something white and powdery was in circulation in the Oztralian dressing rooms that morning in Moditown
That's just anti-fungal powder to reduce the inevitable maladies in the climate that prevails in that part of the world.

*NB I have no idea what the Ahmedabad climate is like, though being inland it can't be as bad as Mumbai