• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ranking of test cricketers who have played 100 tests

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
No deal.

Both high quality batsmen yet one also has the third highest amount of catches all time and is a useful bowler. Hard to understand
Tendulkar is the 2nd or 3rd best batsmen of all time. Kallis is 16th in my list. Big gap. Kallis’ bowling certainly doesn’t nullify this gap, although I do appreciate his slip fielding.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Tendulkar is the 2nd or 3rd best batsmen of all time. Kallis is 16th in my list. Big gap. Kallis’ bowling certainly doesn’t nullify this gap, although I do appreciate his slip fielding.
lol. this dismissal of Kallis’ bowling is crazy

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
To say it was padding was unnecessarily disrespectful, so I'm going to remove that.

Think better wording would have been that one innings was essentially the difference between the two in Australia; rather than Taylor being consistently better there.

BazBall21

Kallis' presence as a bowler improved the team's balance before we even account for his effectiveness, but he was pretty reluctant and has poor WPM across most overseas countries.

I would rate Wasim over him. Think he overpowers Kallis in their stronger suits. His batting wasn't as useful as Kallis' bowling but it still helps ensure his position ahead.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Kallis' presence as a bowler improved the team's balance before we even account for his effectiveness, but he was pretty reluctant and has poor WPM across most overseas countries.

I would rate Wasim over him. Think he overpowers Kallis in their stronger suits. His batting wasn't as useful as Kallis' bowling but it still helps ensure his position ahead.
And 200 catches doesn’t factor in at all? lol

BazBall21

Considering you were directly comparing him to Wasim, is that not a point in his favour?
Wasim doesn't need to be a great slip fielder because he was too busy destroying batsmen from the other end.

I guess you could say it's a shame he couldn't be a decent slip fielder to his own bowling. But that would be asking a lot.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasim doesn't need to be a great slip fielder because he was too busy destroying batsmen from the other end.

I guess you could say it's a shame he couldn't beat a decent slip fielder to his own bowling. But that would be asking a lot.
But Kallis was destroying bowlers, being an excellent slip and also bowling more usefully than Wasim lol.

fwiw btw, Kallis’ allround peak I would say

53 tests 87 innings 3964 @ 56.62 10 tons 22 fifties
53 tests 92 innings 135 @ 26.62 4 5’fers
54 catches

Especially considering there are more batsmen in a side than bowlers Wasim’s bowling is not more impressive than Kallis’ batting anyway.

BazBall21

But Kallis was destroying bowlers, being an excellent slip and also bowling more usefully than Wasim lol.

fwiw btw, Kallis’ allround peak I would say

53 tests 87 innings 3964 @ 56.62 10 tons 22 fifties
53 tests 92 innings 135 @ 26.62 4 5’fers
54 catches

Especially considering there are more batsmen in a side than bowlers Wasim’s bowling is not more impressive than Kallis’ batting anyway.
I agree that Kallis is better in their weaker suits, but imo not to a larger enough extent for me to favour the man who imo wasn't as good in their stronger suits.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree that Kallis is better in their weaker suits, but imo not to a larger enough extent for me to favour the man who imo wasn't as good in their stronger suits.
Well yeah I have Kallis as what, my 8th greatest middle order bat of all time. Wasim is what, my 8th (9th if including Barnes) greatest pacer of all time. (According to the recent polls Kallis is 10th and Wasim 7th - 8th including Barnes) Not sure how Kallis’ bowling and fielding doesn’t easily put him ahead there, unless you’re severely underrating Kallis’ batting.

BazBall21

Well yeah I have Kallis as what, my 8th greatest middle order bat of all time. Wasim is what, my 8th (9th if including Barnes) greatest pacer of all time. (According to the recent polls Kallis is 10th and Wasim 7th - 8th including Barnes) Not sure how Kallis’ bowling and fielding doesn’t easily put him ahead there, unless you’re severely underrating Kallis’ batting.
All-condition ATG bowlers take some beating. I would rather have Akram in my team.

reyrey

U19 Debutant
Kallis was a very good 3rd/4th innings bowler. Averages 26.62 including averaging 25.68 in away Tests in those innings. 1st/2nd innings he averages 38.52.

Don't fade the Kallis on bowling. Just gotta use him right.

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
Without minnows his average goes up further(especially post 2004), and he was bowling a lot on the greentops in SA. I’d argue Tendulkar as a batsmen is significantly ahead due to his unprecedented longevity and record across conditions.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's your reasoning for putting Bairstow above Strauss ?
What's his reasoning for putting Atherton (and plenty of others) above Ian Healy ffs? What a ****ing travesty. Healy's one of the greatest keeper's of all time,. It's embarrassing how chronically under rated he is on a site which is meant to be devoted to cricket and cricketers.