• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rahul Dravid vs James Anderson

Who is the better test cricketer?

• Total voters

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
I guess I would value Anderson's career slightly more overall with slight bias towards pacers as decider.
I voted for Ashwin due to batting though Anderson is a better bowler
Dravid is just better and more respected in his primary discipline.
Everyone knows Ashwin built his career almost entirely on home bashing. It's a cheap way to try and get into the ATG title that he doesn't deserve.
So you rate Ashwin over Anderson and Dravid over Ashwin but don't rate Dravid over Anderson. Something doesn't add up.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Dravid but it's close. Bowlers being slightly more valuable than batsmen narrows the gap but Dravid's lead away from home is a bit too much even factoring that in.

sayon basak

State Vice-Captain
So you rate Ashwin over Anderson and Dravid over Ashwin but don't rate Dravid over Anderson. Something doesn't add up.
It's clear from what you have quoted that he rates ash over Anderson as an overall cricketer, not only as a bowler. Also he mentioned his bias towards pacers at the beginning. It will add up when you approach it from the accurate POV.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
It's clear from what you have quoted that he rates ash over Anderson as an overall cricketer, not only as a bowler. Also he mentioned his bias towards pacers at the beginning. It will add up when you approach it from the accurate POV.
And he also rates Dravid over Ashwin as an overall cricketer, and Anderson over Dravid as an overall cricketer.......