• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predictions

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Edit: changed my mind on some of these already.

Winner: India
Runner-up: England
Other semi-finalists: South Africa, New Zealand
Top run scorer: Gill
Top wicket taker: Kuldeep
Most sixes: Klaasen
Most catches: Buttler
Winner of India V Pakistan: India
Miscellaneous other prediction: NL to beat at least one of the Test sides (probably SL).
No Woakes is suprising.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
No England is surprising.
On paper they are right up there with Australia. However, they are really unpredictable especially for 50.over format. I have a feeling on slow pitches their style of play may get exposed against top quality sides.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Winner: India
Runner up: England
Other semi-finalists: Australia & Pakistan
Top run scorer: Dawid Malan
Top wicket taker: Kuldeep Yadav
Most sixes: Travis Head
Most catches: Virat Kohli
Winner of India v Pakistan: India
Miscellaneous other prediction: Netherlands won't finish last

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I thought I already did this but maybe I didn’t, or maybe I am very silly, anyway here’s my current view. Also why didn’t I include a MOTT prediction, that’s clearly going to be Liam Livingstone anyway

Winner England
Runner-up
Pakistan
Other semi-finalists India, South Africa
Top run scorer Joe Root
Top wicket taker Shaheen Afridi
Most sixes YJB
Most catches Quinton de Kock
Winner of India V Pakistan India in group stage, revenge from Pakistan in the semis though
Miscellaneous other prediction Burgey to engineer a ban shortly before Australia are eliminated for a second successive World Cup

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Winner : India
Runner up: Pakistan
Other semi-finalists: Australia & England
Top run scorer:
Babar Azam
Most sixes: Mitchell Marsh
Most catches:
Ravindra Jadeja
Winner of India v Pakistan: Pakistan in Group Stage , India in Final
Miscellaneous other prediction: Rohit Sharma will break Sachin Tendulkar's record of most hundreds in Cricket World Cups

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Runner up: Pakistan
Other semi-finalists: Australia & England
Top run scorer:
Babar Azam
Most sixes: Mitchell Marsh
Most catches:
Ravindra Jadeja
Winner of India v Pakistan: Pakistan in Group Stage , India in Final
Miscellaneous other prediction: Rohit Sharma will break Sachin Tendulkar's record of most hundreds in Cricket World Cups
Lol at Babar Azam being top run scorer.

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
Why do you feel it is a funny prediction?
He surely has the potential to be amongst the top scores. But WC tracks generally to tend to even out the battle between ball and bat to an extent, and Babar hasn’t proved himself on slow tracks against good attacks. Even someone like Gill has(the 121 against Bang on a really tricky surface in the second half).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Runner up: Australia
Other semi-finalists: SL & SA
Top run scorer: Rohit Sharma
Top wicket taker: Bumrah
Most sixes: Marsh
Most catches: Stokes
Miscellaneous other prediction: SL beats India in the round robin phase; seamers to be more successful across the tourney than expected; Kohli will make a hundred in the final and retire from the format.

NGL, this WC has snuck up on me a fair bit but am looking forward to it now it's just around the corner. I was sold on India-England for the final but the Pommy doom and gloomers have convinced me their spinners aren't going to cut it and I do think that will hurt them. I also have this random idea that SA's bowlers are going to cause dramas for a lot of sides. I feel like NZ have kind of reached the end of their extended great ODI run esp with KW out - he's precisely the sort of bloke they could bat around if he was there. SL are often thereabouts and conditions may suit, Aus are gonna Aus to an extent despite this being a pretty average ODI outfit imo.

India at home will be very hard to beat, I like their top order in this format and local knowledge has been a charm in every WC since and including 2011. Bumrah's fitness is vital and if he's on the park throughout I can see them winning this. I think Kohli will be right up for it and he will have a big tourney, including the final. Will be flat out awesome if he went out of the format making a big score in a winning home final. Have basically put Aus in the final in a coin toss because they usually get to the semi finals at least in these things. I think Smith will make some decent scores if the decks have a bit in them. He seems to find a way on those sort of pitches. If Head is ruled out it will be tough for them. Anyway, should be a good one.

ashley bach

International Captain
@Burgey probably a good decision jumping off Zampa as your leading wicket taker the way he's bowled lately.
For some reason I thought K.W was set to play, at least at some stage of the tourney?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He could well be, I admit to not having rechecked, just recalled he was meant to be ruled out a while back. Hope he plays. Always good to have the best players available

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Runner up: Australia
Other semi-finalists: SL & SA
Top run scorer: Rohit Sharma
Top wicket taker: Bumrah
Most sixes: Marsh
Most catches: Stokes
Miscellaneous other prediction: SL beats India in the round robin phase; seamers to be more successful across the tourney than expected; Kohli will make a hundred in the final and retire from the format.

NGL, this WC has snuck up on me a fair bit but am looking forward to it now it's just around the corner. I was sold on India-England for the final but the Pommy doom and gloomers have convinced me their spinners aren't going to cut it and I do think that will hurt them. I also have this random idea that SA's bowlers are going to cause dramas for a lot of sides. I feel like NZ have kind of reached the end of their extended great ODI run esp with KW out - he's precisely the sort of bloke they could bat around if he was there. SL are often thereabouts and conditions may suit, Aus are gonna Aus to an extent despite this being a pretty average ODI outfit imo.

India at home will be very hard to beat, I like their top order in this format and local knowledge has been a charm in every WC since and including 2011. Bumrah's fitness is vital and if he's on the park throughout I can see them winning this. I think Kohli will be right up for it and he will have a big tourney, including the final. Will be flat out awesome if he went out of the format making a big score in a winning home final. Have basically put Aus in the final in a coin toss because they usually get to the semi finals at least in these things. I think Smith will make some decent scores if the decks have a bit in them. He seems to find a way on those sort of pitches. If Head is ruled out it will be tough for them. Anyway, should be a good one.

Ok.

But srsly, KW is most likely gonna play at least a majority of their league games. And also, RSA will be without Nortje.