• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - England, Argentina, Japan, Samoa, Chile

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Why has it taken so long to review this? If the next play happens, ie the conversion, it should be too late.
Presumably it was the right call, but England got lucky there. That looked a really weak challenge on a guy who was almost on the touch line.

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
That aside though, England absolutely rattled here. Has a feeling like when Samoa did Aus a few years back.

ripper868

International Coach
Think Itoje was very lucky to win that pen on the try line, seen plenty of others not given as he wasn't the first to the ruck.

Samoa unlucky to not be in by another 7, and thoroughly deserve to be ahead at the break

Ali TT

International Regular
With ball in hand England were looking as good in the early stages as they have done for ages - direct lines, breaking the gain line, getting Manu in the game.

Now we've decided that's not working and better to find stupid ways to quickly turn it over

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Few hens coming home to roost here, I think.

Defence has been embarrassing, Samoa getting over the gain line almost literally every play.

And, I know tackling isn't really Jonny May's thing, but his effort for Ah Wong's first was pretty bloody pony.

We're massively flattered by being only 6 down at the break.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Few hens coming home to roost here, I think.

Defence has been embarrassing, Samoa getting over the gain line almost literally every play.

And, I know tackling isn't really Jonny May's thing, but his effort for Ah Wong's first was pretty bloody pony.

We're massively flattered by being only 6 down at the break.
I'm no expert, but isn't that something of a prerequisite to be playing at this level?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yet another penalty conceded by the boys in white, this time throwing away an attacking posiiton.

EDIT
tbf that sounds like a decent try straight afterwards unless it turns out to be a forward pass.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
That really is Farrell in extremis, isn't it. Giving the impression that even the stop clock doesn't actually apply to him.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol now a timeout kicking a penalty. This must be the worst group in World Cup history?

ripper868

International Coach
Samoa seem to be Samoaing now though, slowly becoming own worst enemies with these silly physical pens, and the inevitable yellow