• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Playing Selector: All time great allrounders No.6 - No.10

Choose five all time great allrounders from No. 6 to No.10

• Total voters

bagapath

International Captain
The top five allrounders chosen in the above thread are, unsurprisingly..

1. Sobers
2. Imran
3. Miller
4. Kallis
5. Botham

Now, to complete the top 10 greatest all rounders ever, let us vote for the next five.
I have added Godard, Vettori and Vaas to the previous list.

Batting allrounders

Grieg
Stokes

Batsmen who can bowl

Armstrong
Woolley
Hammond
Mushtaq
McMillan
Jayasuriya

Bowling allrounders

Rhodes
Noble
Faulkner
Gregory
Mankad
Kapil
Cairns
Flintoff
Vettori
Shakib
Jadeja

Bowlers who can bat

Tate
Lindwall
Bailey
Benaud
Goddard
Hadlee
Akram
Streak
S Pollock
Vaas
Ashwin
Woakes

Last edited:

Qlder

State Captain
Why is Lindwall there as a batting average of 21 doesn't say allrounder to me. If he is counted, he wasn't even Australia's best of that time as Alan Davidson was a better bowling allrounder and he's not in poll

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
Gillespie has a double century...... Just saying!!
At least 20+ batting average with one century should be kept as cut off to qualify as a bowler who can bat
Gillespie averages under 20... like Harbhajan Singh, for example, who has two centuries under his belt, but he too doesn't make the cut with an average of 18. Same with Anil Kumble.

I have also tried to keep 75 wks with 0.75 wk/ test with bowling average under 40 to qualify as batsmen who can bowl

So Carl Hooper, Steve Waugh and Ravi Shastri (and Alan Davidson) do not make my cut

Qlder

State Captain
Davidson never scored a hundred in tests. Vaas did. Lindwall scored two.
You can add him if you want
This spiked my interest so I had a look. Lindwall scored his 1st hundred in his 4th Test batting #9 behind known WK batting bunny Don Tallon who made 92 off only 108 balls at #8. Lindwall made exactly 100 off only 90 balls so I'm guessing everything clicked on a hit out for these two 😀

bagapath

International Captain
Agonised over voting for Stokes and Grieg but finally settled for Faulkner, Mankad, Kapil, Flintoff and Shakib - all pure allrounders who contributed to their teams with both bat and ball scoring centuries and claiming five-fers.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The top five allrounders chosen in the above thread are, unsurprisingly..

1. Sobers
2. Imran
3. Miller
4. Kallis
5. Botham

Now, to complete the top 10 greatest all rounders ever, let us vote for the next five.
I have added Godard, Vettori and Vaas to the previous list.

Batting allrounders

Grieg
Stokes

Batsmen who can bowl

Armstrong
Woolley
Hammond
Mushtaq
McMillan
Jayasuriya

Bowling allrounders

Rhodes
Noble
Faulkner
Gregory
Mankad
Kapil
Cairns
Flintoff
Vettori
Shakib
Jadeja

Bowlers who can bat

Tate
Lindwall
Bailey
Benaud
Goddard
Hadlee
Akram
Streak
S Pollock
Vaas
Ashwin
Woakes
Why aren't Oram, De Grandhomme, Holder, and Watson on the list (plus many others)?

Also Goddard should be in under batting allrounders, while McMillan was a bowling allrounder.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
At least 20+ batting average with one century should be kept as cut off to qualify as a bowler who can bat
Gillespie averages under 20... like Harbhajan Singh, for example, who has two centuries under his belt, but he too doesn't make the cut with an average of 18. Same with Anil Kumble.

I have also tried to keep 75 wks with 0.75 wk/ test with bowling average under 40 to qualify as batsmen who can bowl

So Carl Hooper, Steve Waugh and Ravi Shastri (and Alan Davidson) do not make my cut
75 wickets is far too high.
That eliminated the likes of Oram and De Grandhomme.
Holder should be in the list if Woakes is (unless Woakes is there for RIS).

Anyway JR Reid should DEFINITELY be in the list. He's about Cairns/Flintoff level.

Last edited: