• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Playing Selector: All time great allrounders No.6 - No.10

Choose five all time great allrounders from No. 6 to No.10

• Total voters

shortpitched713

International Captain
0 centuries. not good enough to be called an allrounder
And that's a function once again of excessive SA batting depth, and a relatively shorter career, unnecessarily counting against him. Philander had 3 FC centuries, adequate Test average, and certainly has the quality as a bat to be called a bowling all-rounder, better than some on this list.

bagapath

International Captain
My man, you are too obsessed with centuries...... Chetan Chauhan don't have a Test Century; does that means Johnson or Streak is a better bat??
no centuries means they are not in the running. that is all. you can start a new thread to rank non century makers if you want to know my ranking of those guys.

capt_Luffy

International Vice-Captain
no centuries means they are not in the running. that is all. you can start a new thread to rank non century makers if you want to know my ranking of those guys.
I just think that having a century as a cut-off is not really fair; I hardly think anyone rates Lindwall's bat over Davidson's.

Qlder

State Captain
Thinking of sacrificing my Chris Cairns vote to help keep Kapil as the #8 rated allrounder over Jadeja and Pollock :ph34r:

(I didn't vote for any of the 3 but if I have to pick one it'd be Kapil)

Last edited:

Coronis

International Coach
I just think that having a century as a cut-off is not really fair; I hardly think anyone rates Lindwall's bat over Davidson's.
Its not necessarily the best criteria for an allrounder, but its what bagapath’s chosen as his criteria. Ya don’t like it, make your own thread about Davidson et all.

ftr I don’t think either of them are allrounders (at test level)