• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Personal Cricket Statutes

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Yeah? Then why does everyone say "forget the previous ball, it's gone, concentrate on the next one"?
There's a difference between saying something and doing it, a big difference.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Yep - saw him in NW Challenge 2003. Looked distinctly ordinary.
Funnily enough I saw him in that and he literally took the breathe away - so quick and accurate, it was a pleasure to watch.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
I'd still say it would comfortably beat NSW, if you brought in, say, Read and Afzaal. And we will never know for certain so none of the NSW fans can "prove" that wrong.
Don't need to be a NSW fan to see how stupid that is.

Add 2 average players to an already average side. OK....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
For me, you can afford Gough and Hick going for a few - Caddick, Ealham and Alleyne can all keep it tight.
Interesting how someone who is often criticising the selection of one Gloucestershire all rounder who doesn't always bowl his quota then calls for one who bowls even less to be a front line bowler!

masterblaster

International Captain
My turn!!

Wasim Akram is the greatest fast bowler I have ever seen.
Agarkar is a fine, fine cricketer
Harmison isn't as bad as he's made out to be
Ravi Shastri is a good commentator
Sachin Tendulkar IS second to the Don.
Sourav Ganguly is only second to God for off side play
Glenn McGrath is a nice guy
Steve Waugh is the greatest captain I have ever seen
This Australian side is the greatest side the world has ever seen
Heath Streak is the most hardworking cricketer in the world
Gillespie needs a haircut, and needs to get rid of that ugly mullett
Shoaib Akhtar is a character and cricket needs characters.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:
My turn!!

Wasim Akram is the greatest fast bowler I have ever seen.
Agarkar is a fine, fine cricketer
Harmison isn't as bad as he's made out to be
Ravi Shastri is a good commentator
Sachin Tendulkar IS second to the Don.
Sourav Ganguly is only second to God for off side play
Glenn McGrath is a nice guy
Steve Waugh is the greatest captain I have ever seen
This Australian side is the greatest side the world has ever seen
Heath Streak is the most hardworking cricketer in the world
Gillespie needs a haircut, and needs to get rid of that ugly mullett
Shoaib Akhtar is a character and cricket needs characters.
Bichel would have a case for the hard working title

o common gillespies hair is fantastic :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
Bichel would have a case for the hard working title
Come off it!

Streak is basically 95% of the Zimbabwe attack, has to captain and also bat at 6 or 7!

Eclipse

International Debutant
I think he mean's training wise.

Bichel is amazingly fit.

Streak certainly has a bigger workload in matches though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Interesting how someone who is often criticising the selection of one Gloucestershire all rounder who doesn't always bowl his quota then calls for one who bowls even less to be a front line bowler!
Alleyne bowls far more overs than Snape did when he was picked. His problem is he insists on wasting himself by putting rubbish like Chris Taylor and Alex Gidman ahead of him and also less talented players like Matthew Windows, Jack Russell and Ian Harvey.
If Alleyne always batted himself at four I reckon his average would be 34-5.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Don't need to be a NSW fan to see how stupid that is.

Add 2 average players to an already average side. OK....
Average.
I suggest you look at the ODI and domestic-one-day records of Knight, Hick, Fairbrother, Afzaal, Stewart, Thorpe, Read (in 2003), Ealham, Caddick, Gough, Mullally and Croft.
Then reconsider.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Average.
I suggest you look at the ODI and domestic-one-day records of Knight, Hick, Fairbrother, Afzaal, Stewart, Thorpe, Read (in 2003), Ealham, Caddick, Gough, Mullally and Croft.
Then reconsider.
You cannot seriously suggest that should be England's ODI XI at the moment (ignoring retirements).

Lots of those players are no better than average, and certainly not as good as the players in the side at the moment.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eclipse said:
I think he mean's training wise.

Bichel is amazingly fit.

Streak certainly has a bigger workload in matches though.
You'd think Streak would be very fit too, considering his workload and the fact that he really hasn't been injured for any extended period of time (from my memory).

Eclipse

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You'd think Streak would be very fit too, considering his workload and the fact that he really hasn't been injured for any extended period of time (from my memory).
Probably but I doubt there are many fitter cricketers than Bichel maybe Brett Lee.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Average.
Then reconsider.
That looks like the one day side that toured Australia the time before last. They got smashed then and Australia had a weaker one day side at that time.

The current line up would have to be better wouldn't it?

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Eclipse said:
Probably but I doubt there are many fitter cricketers than Bichel maybe Brett Lee.
Possibly Hayden. Even if some think it ugly and inferior to Lara's innings, his 380 was a remarkable feat of endurance, and the last 100 was scored in a session.

There's no doubt Steve would have let Hayden go on to 400. That suggests that Hayden was simply tired given the manner he was out. Who knows how long it will be before someone gets a decent chance to make 400 in an innings??