• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Im not so sure now that he would have. He seems to get out like that a lot.
I should say his batting technique should lend itself to playing the drive better than any batsmen in that top 6 IMO. So it's a bit bizarre that's normally how he gets out.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I should say his batting technique should lend itself to playing the drive better than any batsmen in that top 6 IMO. So it's a bit bizarre that's normally how he gets out.

Not really, he goes at the ball with very hard hands, and often plays with his bat well away from his pad. His shots certainly look very attractive, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're technically perfect.

Last edited:

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah, like in every innings he plays. In fact, I'm starting to seriously worry that international bowling attacks have worked him out.
I thought he would improve over time but he doesnt seem to have improved much at all. On another note, Im enjoying watching Daniel Flynn more and more. He's quickly becoming one of my favourite players.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I thought he would improve over time but he doesnt seem to have improved much at all. On another note, Im enjoying watching Daniel Flynn more and more. He's quickly becoming one of my favourite players.
^^ In Test matches only thank you very much.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
^^ In Test matches only thank you very much.
I reckon he'll be alright at one dayers. He just needs a bit of confidence from a good score. He should replace How at 3 in one dayers IMO :ph34r:

Ryder
McCullum
Flynn
Taylor

That would mean you would have the same 3, 4 combination in tests and one dayers which is a good thing.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I reckon he'll be alright at one dayers. He just needs a bit of confidence from a good score. He should replace How at 3 in one dayers IMO :ph34r:

Ryder
McCullum
Flynn
Taylor

That would mean you would have the same 3, 4 combination in tests and one dayers which is a good thing.
Not yet, Flynn is just not good enough at the short form at this stage in his career. How is also a gun number 3.