• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Athlai

Not Terrible
Two options to get this record out of our way:

1) Give IPL matches international status, so that Tendulkar has 100 international tons
2) illegitimize one of his hundreds, bring him down to 98, then he will easily get a ton. Legitimize that hundred back again.
3) 200 in an ODI? That counts double.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
On a flat pitch, cheating the top Indian bowler, described as a bowlers' mortuary by cricinfo, India have just lost three wickets for under fifty runs. Maybe it is time they re-evaluate their roster and strategies for flat decks? They have been weak on flat decks, but now look a lot more vulnerable. They just don't seem to learn...

Days of Grace

International Captain
Sammy, despite everyone saying he is just a bits and pieces player with not much talent, is still averaging under 30 with the ball...

Dissector

International Debutant
Well at least it wasn't Sammy who got Tendulkar on 94. Thank the cricket gods for small mercies.

Sammy has clearly emerged as the Andrew Symonds of test bowling....

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Assuming India avoid the follow on, it will be the first chance we'll get to see how aggresive sammy as a captain really is. I'm hoping he can set a chasable target tbh... There's not much difference between 2-0 and 3-0 but there's a huge confidence boost to be gained from beating India in India, dead rubber or not.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Assuming India avoid the follow on, it will be the first chance we'll get to see how aggresive sammy as a captain really is. I'm hoping he can set a chasable target tbh... There's not much difference between 2-0 and 3-0 but there's a huge confidence boost to be gained from beating India in India, dead rubber or not.
If they do avoid it (not certain since this is a long tail) I can't see Sammy setting anything less than 350+ on this pitch.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
He's got a un-tailender like technique, that's for sure.

Praveen - Bhajji - Ashwin.. would like to see that sort of tail sometime in the future.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yeah, Ashwin can seriously bat. His domestic performances have hinted at the potential to develop into perhaps even a little bit better than a typical Test #8.
Fletcher must be wetting himself at the thought of having Giles ver 2.0 at his disposal. :p