• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

stumpski

International Captain
I hope this partnership takes them to atleast within 75 of the target.
It will need to - their tail is rubbish, don't forget.

Although Sammy is something of an unknown quantity and won't be short of confidence after his 7-for.

Beleg

International Regular
Chanderpaul is a hero.

WI are in with a real chance of winning this game. If they can pull that off, I'll be a happy happy man. (and needless to say, flood the forum with a plethora of posts comparing England with Bangladesh...)

Beleg

International Regular
Tickets are a tenner a piece tommorow (less for students and children, I think) - if I didn't have work tommorow, I'd definitely go.

simmy

International Regular
Chanderpaul is a hero.

WI are in with a real chance of winning this game. If they can pull that off, I'll be a happy happy man. (and needless to say, flood the forum with a plethora of posts comparing England with Bangladesh...)
Lol. They have no chance.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Not surprised by this display today as my post from yesterday will back up. 154 runs needed with 5 wickets in hand. If these two get the total to under 90 or so, West Inides would be favourites IMO if the tail especially Sammy can stay with one of the two currently there. Also, Chanderpaul is 59 runs away from 7000 Test runs.

Majin

International Debutant
Be awesome viewing tomorrow, have no doubt of that. Chanderpaul, Ramdin and Sammy have a real chance of doing something special, especially if Chanderpaul manages to stay in for a while longer. Hopefully Ramdin can hang around for a 50 and if it comes to it, Sammy can show us what he's made of with the bat.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Pissed off England couldn't finish it today. I'll be busy getting my arse kicked for not doing any JSD tomorrow.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm surprised how little has been said about Prior's wicketkeeping, he should have really taken the strangle off Sidebottom down legside. He's generally sluggish on a lot of the stuff like that, a good wicketkeeper would have saved another 20-30 runs in this Test and have taken that catch.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think too much is being made of the West Indies chances in this Test. I think they've done enough - given the vast difference in established class between the teams - to make a large impression and really lay some foundation for future matches. But as this one goes, I'd be very surprised if the West Indies pulled off a victory. I think we'll bat until the second session, but I'm pick England to get home comfortably in the end.

Great fight shown by the team though. Very impressed. If Darren Sammy can bat with as much intent and passion as he bowled with, perhaps I can be proven wrong tomorrow.

sideshowtim

Banned
I'm surprised how little has been said about Prior's wicketkeeping, he should have really taken the strangle off Sidebottom down legside. He's generally sluggish on a lot of the stuff like that, a good wicketkeeper would have saved another 20-30 runs in this Test and have taken that catch.
I agree. A majority of the ridiculous amount of extras England have given away in this test have been no thanks to Prior.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Monty (over) appealing is about as optimistic as Kaneria’s and comparably annoying as Warne’s. He was almost crying on the wicket come the end.