• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sidebottom doesn't seem to be posing any threat at all. Time for Harmison to have a quick burst at Taylor, imo.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Darren Sammy was still at the crease, I'd be confident that the West Indies could win this.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We'll see. This England team seems to be notorious for having great starts to the career only to be found out a bit later. I'm talking Bell, Strauss...happened to Cook in Aus...will eventually happen to Pietersen.
Ah, this is reminding me of the Ashes. I miss England's woeful lower order :)
Will Panesar be fined for excessive appealing? I certainly hope he doesn't get away with it. Poms had no trouble giving it to us if they thought Warne over-appealed.
Worst poster, it'd be great if you could gtfo of this thread as your anti-English posts are tiresome at best

Anyway. Bricking it.

Majin

International Debutant
Great century for Chanderpaul there, really great stuff. A shame Sammy and Ramdin couldn't have hung around longer.

Edit: Also, we're often quick to blast the umpires so I think some props are in order for Bowden and Dar, they've umpired this test very well.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
More useless stats:

* 35 overs thus far - no Plunkett
* Monty's bowled nearly 40% of the overs in the 2nd innings and just over 36% for both innings - Warne like really
* Chanderpaul > you

Perm

Marvellous century from Shiv Chanderpaul, even if he was dropped by Panesar early in his innings. If Taylor can hold his end up then I would start to get a bit more confident if I was a West Indian supporter.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This reminds me of Edgbaston. Except that instead of sitting on my bed shaking I'm sitting at my desk shaking. :@

Hoping we can get three quick wickets before lunch, when lunch begins mine ends and I might be dragged away from my desk.

Fair effort by the Windies whatever happens though.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
If Chanderpaul can get the Windies home here would it be his best ever knock?
I think it was he who got the Windies over the line against Australia in the highest successful run chase.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Although with the (lack of) calibre in the Windies line-up, this probably rank higher.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Great to see a century from Chanders. One of my fav players. Reminds me of Flem slightly in terms of (a more successful) career.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If Chanderpaul can get the Windies home here would it be his best ever knock?
Probably better than his 100 when they chased down 400+ against Aus, even though the attack is obviously rather weaker. For one, this game's not a dead rubber, and secondly that game was at the ARG, which says it all really.

grecian

I really do see Goughys point about Monty dropping it too short, it seems to get worse the more tired he gets.

Dropped catches are going to lose us this match :(