• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England Thread

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i know key got 200 but i still think giles should get motm. am i a loner on this one? :p

Swervy

International Captain
Nnanden said:
haha howd low did that stay?? banks will be forever blaming that on crap english pitches
it didnt really keep low, it hit about 3 inches from the top of the stump...he was just done by pace

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Don't compare Giles with Banks because Giles has had substantial rough to work with throughout the match whereas Banks, as a right-arm offspinner, didn't.
Banks did have a reasonable patch to be fair, thanks to Collins.

But I agree he didn't have as much - has bowled well though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Like I say the only thing that will make sure he is in the team for the second Test will be of his batting.
Which clearly shows how much attention you paid to the game - his bowling has been useful and done a decent job in the second innings.

Craig said:
2-131 off 22 overs, and 0-92 off 26 overs is not great bowling. Saying otherwise is nonsense.
No, writing it off without watching it is nonsense.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
So if a bowler conceded 67 off ten overs, but was moving the ball but wasn't that accurate would you still have an excuse for him?
It's not an excuse - he did bowl well.

You're very keen to look at numbers without realising that bowlers can have done well (case in point Flintoff)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Caught some of it when Flintoff and Vauhan wee ushing the score along for a declaration.
And that's enough to base your "he's bowled poorly all game" on is it?

Don't think so!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
3.53 an over.

Define wha you call accurate?
In the circumstances that's to say that isn't accurate?

Against batsmen looking to push it around, that isn't too bad.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Well IMO it would be a joke if Collymore didn't play in the second Test in place of Fidel Edwards, and it will depend if Best will be fit or not which would allow Banks to play.
Can see why you're not a selector.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Giles for MotM I think. Chanderpaul, Vaughan and possibly Strauss have all batted as well as Key; Giles has effectively won the match for England with the ball. (Apart from those dodgy decisions... :p)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
For me it's Chanderpaul if WI draw and Giles if England most likely win.Giles won this match with the ball.Chanderpaul's been the rock of both West Indian innings.