• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England Thread

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
That was poor catching by Sarwan.I don't think the WI will mind them getting the runs quickly just as long as they get enough overs to try and chase and if that doesn't work play for a draw.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Playng for a draw isn't easy if you have men around the bat, and Giles around the wicket, on this truning surface.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
If Vaughan has sense which he does) he won't take out the fielders, unless you get to within 200 with wickets in hand, I'd say. If you are playing attacking, you're going to get out soon anyway.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
how much does windies need? i hope lara catches fire in the 2nd innings and makes it real interesting....

PY

International Coach
They need 478 to win in 120 overs roughly and it would be a record total to chase.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
....wow!! and the pitch is turning? a win looks more-or-less out of reach for the windies....they can try to hang on for a draw maybe....england is really in great form recently......very impressive....

Swervy

International Captain
roseboy64 said:
Yeah but it's achievable.
no its not...they have absolutely no chance.

That partnership between Flintoff and Vaughan effectively ended WI chances of any victory

Swervy

International Captain
roseboy64 said:
Are you forgetting that Lara's there and Gayle and Chanderpaul are in touch.
478 is a huge total to get...now with an early wicket gone,chances are nigh on impossible I would have thought.

Lara will probably be thinking if he can get out of this game with a draw,he would take it.

PY

International Coach
Yep, hundred in each innings with the second being not out.

I think 478 may just be a step too far for WI. Plus weather isn't going to be pleasant for tomorrow like it has been for past 4 days.

PY

International Coach
Sarwan gone and result not in doubt now in my opinion. Lara will have to bat until at least tea tomorrow now if they are to get anything. Mind you, if he is still there at tea then a victory may be on the cards.