• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under-19 World Cup- South Africa 2024

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Great innings by Devireddy, especially when there were three ducks in the top 7 around him.

Nepal were pretty decent, which is not unexpected given their performances in other U19 world cups.

thierry henry

International Coach
Notable that Devireddy is still young enough to be playing u-17s.

Btw please tell me Maphaka is pronounced how I want it to be pronounced (I know it isn't but let me have this moment)

Molehill

International Captain
Macbeth currently at the crease for Ireland, or should we refer to him as The Irish bat......

Spark

Global Moderator
Not good signs for Amazon's stewardship of the ICC event rights here in Aus; the streams seem to be 30fps which is just horrible to watch.

Molehill

International Captain
Not good signs for Amazon's stewardship of the ICC event rights here in Aus; the streams seem to be 30fps which is just horrible to watch.
The biggest issue I've found in the UK for when they have Premier League matches is how far behind they are in real time. The streams were poor quality to start with but have improved a lot.

What they have done particularly well though is sign up all the best old style commentators who have been a breath of fresh air against the current crop of imbeciles who come armed with pre-prepared stats and narratives.

Molehill

International Captain
Australia about to beat Namibia. Although slipping to 57-5 in their pursuit of 92 was probably not in the plan.

Molehill

International Captain
Yeah this has not been an especially convincing chase.
Job done, but must be concerns about the batting given that's the weakest attack they'll face in the comp.

Meanwhile, Bang going well in their chase of 236 against Ireland.

Molehill

International Captain
SA v Eng just started, with SA being put in on what looks a very good pitch. Really not sure why Eng would choose not to bat first on this.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Good partnership between stolk & Pretorius. Pretorius will be disappointed with the shot he got out to.

Molehill

International Captain
SA should be looking at 350 from here. A little in it for the spinners, but really it's a great deck for batting.

Molehill

International Captain
SA should be looking at 350 from here. A little in it for the spinners, but really it's a great deck for batting.
And then in such a typical SA manner, an implosion. One daft run out and you get carnage.

67-0 after the powerplay, now 115-5.