• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Twenty20 Is Boring Society Thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm out. I never thought I'd be making this post, but I'm out. I know the rules state I'm in as I've posted in here, but I don't care TBPH.

Twenty20 is dangerous - it must be handled carefully and the money it generates should be used to promote and fund real cricket at all levels. Problematic it could be indeed, boring it is not.

As long as one doesn't expect things it is not designed to produce from it, Twenty20 can be very entertaining. I was one of the biggest sceptics of them all, but I watch Twenty20 fairly regularly these days and I enjoy it. It certainly doesn't hold a candle to Test cricket as a judge of skill, resolve, technique or ability - or even as a spectacle - but it doesn't have to - it's really a different game althogether. I'm not interested in sitting around debating the greatest Twenty20 batsmen of our time or analysing team selection - it shouldn't be taken that seriously - but as far as light entertaiment goes, it certainly isn't boring. I'd still rather watch an ODI than a Twenty20, but I fear the days of that being so are running thin as well.

Test cricket will always be number one, but Twenty20 is enjoyable in its own way as well.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
I'm out. I never thought I'd be making this post, but I'm out. I know the rules state I'm in as I've posted in here, but I don't care TBPH.

Twenty20 is dangerous - it must be handled carefully and the money it generates should be used to promote and fund real cricket at all levels. Problematic it could be indeed, boring it is not.

As long as one doesn't expect things it is not designed to produce from it, Twenty20 can be very entertaining. I was one of the biggest sceptics of them all, but I watch Twenty20 fairly regularly these days and I enjoy it. It certainly doesn't hold a candle to Test cricket as a judge of skill, resolve, technique or ability - or even as a spectacle - but it doesn't have to - it's really a different game althogether. I'm not interested in sitting around debating the greatest Twenty20 batsmen of our time or analysing team selection - it shouldn't be taken that seriously - but as far as light entertaiment goes, it certainly isn't boring. I'd still rather watch an ODI than a Twenty20, but I fear the days of that being so are running thin as well.

Test cricket will always be number one, but Twenty20 is enjoyable in its own way as well.
Yeah, I've watched way too much of it to be in this society. Watched nearly every game of the World Championships and the IPL, both of which I enjoyed to an extent and I appreciate the IPL greatly in that there's something decent on TV late at night.

That said, I still enjoy ODIs way, way more but Twenty20s clearly have a place and as long as something is worked out so all formats can coexist properly (with an emphasis placed on Test cricket), then I'll be fairly happy.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
That said, I still enjoy ODIs way, way more but Twenty20s clearly have a place and as long as something is worked out so all formats can coexist properly (with an emphasis placed on Test cricket), then I'll be fairly happy.
Agreed.

I just have this feeling that T20 is gonna replace ODI's. I hope that doesn't happen.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
LOL at this society.you guys are going to lonely.Why cant you enjoy all forms of cricket ?why be a snob?.There is something redeeming in all forms of the game-if you cant see it then its your loss.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, there isn't. Plenty of people don't like Twenty20, same way plenty of people don't like swimming and netball and tiddlywinks. And each person is free to choose what they like and what they don't.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Yeah, I've watched way too much of it to be in this society. Watched nearly every game of the World Championships and the IPL, both of which I enjoyed to an extent and I appreciate the IPL greatly in that there's something decent on TV late at night.

Twenty20 certainly has a place - even I've never said otherwise there. If the choice is between sleeping and watching it though, I'll take sleep, beyond question. I can pretty much always find something I'd rather do than watch a Twenty20 game. Took no interest in either the World thingy or the IPL myself, and made no effort to watch anything, FTR.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think I might withdraw for similar reasons that Gelman and Rob posted. I watch far too much 20/20.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Today is my last day though

Are you a member of CS? Rob and you seem to get along well :p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
You can watch it and still find it boring. I watched bits and pieces of the IPL and even enjoyed it when played I like did well, but I still find it incredibly dull compared to the other formats of the game.