• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone else watch some of the boxing or Tai Kwon Do and think "Mate, he's 56kgs ffs, just knock the **** out"?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Big hour tomorrow 12:30-1:30pm NZT. NZ are a decent chance for 3 medals (possibly golds) in 3 rowing races to add to the rowing gold today and silver yesterday. I remember the old joke about NZ being great at a sport where you sit on your butt and go backwards.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
They need to cut about 3/4 of the swimming events. Way too many.
Always thought this. It's like having separate track events for running backwards, skipping and hopping.

TBH though, it's not something that really bothers me, the Olympics is a celebration of sporting excess, so why not have 4 different medal races for each distance?

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Why is Hong Kong competing separately? I had a look and saw they have done so in the past, but I thought China might have put the kibosh on it given everything else going on there. It strikes me as being a bit like Tassie competing separately from the rest of Australia or the Isle of Wight from the UK.

That 100m freestyle race was something else. Chalmers with a massive swim.
There are quite a few nations that aren't sovereign countries but have their own separate olympic committee so participate separately I think

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
There are quite a few nations that aren't sovereign countries but have their own separate olympic committee so participate separately I think
  • American Samoa
  • Aruba
  • Bermuda
  • British Virgin Islands
  • Cayman Islands
  • Cook Islands
  • Hong Kong
  • Kosovo*
  • Palestine*
  • Puerto Rico
  • Virgin Islands
May have got some of those wrong or missed others out

Howe_zat

Audio File
'Chinese Taipei' would fit with Kosovo and Palestine as the not-entirely-recognised nations taking part. But otherwise that's all of them.

Spotter's badge for the two recognised sovereign nations that haven't sent an Olympic team.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
'Chinese Taipei' would fit with Kosovo and Palestine as the not-entirely-recognised nations taking part. But otherwise that's all of them.

Spotter's badge for the two recognised sovereign nations that haven't sent an Olympic team.
Timor Leste, South Sudan?