• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh I've not gone downstairs yet, can anyone give me a weather report? Play starting on time?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking good for a full day's play. The BBC's notoriously pessimistic forecast is clear for the rest of the day.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Excellent. Think I'll get up then. Eng to be batting by tea, FTR
If they continue to leak runs at the rate they are at the moment they'll still be in a little trouble, facing 400+. Overcast skies are forecast for the evening session so the world could conspire against the English like it did the Australians at Lord's.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't see us taking many wickets if they are bowling as many four balls, need a much better effort from the bowlers today

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's equivalent to having an argument with someone in real life. They make a well thought out point, and you go "Hmph, whatever" and walk off.
I agree with that - it's just some don't. And it's funny how I get criticised for saying it and some relatively inexperienced poster like you doesn't.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm allowed to cheer for players from other teams, it's a girl thing. :)
DWTA, totally. Anyone can do it. I do with several people. Not a middle-order batsman and all-rounder who's lucky to have gotten the opening place he got though FTR.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Graham Onions was taken out of the attack after three overs which went for 27 runs. As the side's fifth bowler, do the English fans feel he's a little surplus to requirements?
Exceptionally rare in my experience for any England fans to believe a fifth bowler is surplus to requirements. The five-man attack is a leitmotif of England-fandom, for most.

I've always been in favour of seven batsmen four bowlers myself though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Overcast skies are forecast for the evening session so the world could conspire against the English like it did the Australians at Lord's.
Already hinted at that happening, with England having to field with a ball dampened by the outfield.

Craig

World Traveller
That's impressively few in over 130 years. Bet we're over double that amount.
Well since Alec Stewart retired, you guys have had Chris Read, Geriant Jones, Matt Prior, and Tim Ambrose. I'm sure I have missed somebody in there.

Manou is Baggy Green no. 411.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think that's your lot in Tests, unless you count Colly

Have also had Davies, Nixon and Foster in shorter formats though

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
DWTA, totally. Anyone can do it. I do with several people. Not a middle-order batsman and all-rounder who's lucky to have gotten the opening place he got though FTR.
Cool. :) If I say I like an Australian cricketer, I usually get told I'm not allowed to like Aussies, and only a girl would. :)

And for me a player you like is a player you like, regardless of how they were selected.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
To me all Aussie player are the enemy and must die!!! :blowup:

:ph34r:

anyways, Onions to open up today, never expected that

King Pietersen

International Captain
What a start. Onions the perfect man to start the day against Watson to get him playing first up. Brilliant way to start the day.