• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* The Hundred 2024 thread

CartyDurham

International Captain
Hughes an uncapped Aussie 35 years old and Vince 33 now, a cricketer that just couldn’t cut it at international level, making this chase look straightforward

Thought this tournament would showcase young talent for Englands future ?

tonight it’s the old stagers who have been dominant

Bopara 39 years old breakthrough, with his dibbly dobbly stuff

Bopara clipped the stump on delivery to give a free hit away and Vince brings up a fifty

anyone know how to describe Lawrence’s bowling ? Is he trying to bowl leg spin ?

Brave win with 12 balls left

Last edited:

CartyDurham

International Captain
Bit overcast at Old Trafford during the Women’s game so hopefully it will stay fine for this evenings match

im hoping some team can score over 150

the Welsh fire have won the toss and chose to bowl first

IMG_2252.png
Welsh Fire on the right

2nd ball Donald for Salt

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My man Phil Salt with the armband tonight, warming up for his future role as leader of England winning many white ball trophies

CartyDurham

International Captain
My man Phil Salt with the armband tonight, warming up for his future role as leader of England winning many white ball trophies
Unfortunately out second ball

its been a theme so far that teams batting first, get off to horrendous starts . 4 for 2 off 14 in the power play

CartyDurham

International Captain
Going to be another low score . Hard to believe 4 for 3 off 15

at this rate , I’ll catch some golf by about 830pm

CartyDurham

International Captain
The teams batting first in this competition is reminding me of me trying to play cricket captain.
Sad news earlier Ken Palmer ex England, Somerset player and international umpire died . Was around a lot of the 70s , 80s and 90s iirc

YJB confirming the selectors were right there ? It was a hard chance but he got a good hand on it

CartyDurham

International Captain
These first three games has been dismal really with the second innings teams strolling to wins

Rob Key promised the “best v the best” to justify this competition. All I’m seeing is players over 35 getting a nice addition to their pensions

The promise by Key is clearly not being delivered, considering the Ecb is giving the best part of the summer to this

i can’t see the best Aussies, South Africans, New Zealand, Pakistan, West Indies, Sri Lanka players here and of course the best England players are rarely seen

it’s just some old stagers and a few lads who have done ok in the T20 Blast

the batting here is pathetic. 34 for 6 off 49 . The best are delivering :D

Last edited:

kevinw

International 12th Man
Eight teams is far too many. The talent pool is pretty shallow this year, and the games have been poor so far. If the Hundred wanted to kill itself off it's doing a bang up job

CartyDurham

International Captain
Once the American, Canadian and the West Indies had T20 tournaments when this stuff is on, the whole concept of the best was never going to happen

more games like this weeks and they won’t be able to give tickets away

the T20 Blast has better players and teams involved

Reactions: FBU