• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

Sunil1z

International Regular
Although I am slightly nervous today , it isn’t remotely comparable to Tension I had before 2011 WC semi against Pakistan. Even Dhoni had said in his press conference that “ People have requested him to win the SF , It doesn’t matter if you lose the Final “ . The thought of Pakistan beating India in semis and then go on to win the WC Final at Mumbai ( 2 yrs after the 26/11 attack) was a nightmare no Indian fan wanted to have .

loterry1994

International Debutant
Think it’s pretty much on the top 3 for both teams having the biggest say on who wins. You know they’ll go hard at the powerplay no matter what. I think this game a lot of it will be determined how good a start Warner and Rohit can give their teams and there will also be opportunities to take powerplay wickets cause of how hard the top 3 will go.

Australia I don’t think would be in the final or even the top 4 if they didn’t change up their top order and put marsh at 3 when Head returned Ever since then they’ve had way better starts in the powerplay and at least one of them have went on to a big score on most games to set Australia the win. Smith and Marnus need to show up this game if the openers fail to fire because they’ve barely done it this tournament apart from a few games with slower pitches. Because you can bet your life this pitch will be flat as hell

Sunster25

Cricket Spectator
Nerves starting to kick in - more so as India really are the best side in this tournament by a country mile and should win but ….

loterry1994

International Debutant
Don’t think it’s mentioned much but Cummins really improved this tournament with his bowling and captaincy plus played some real handy knocks with the bat. Think since he bowled those death overs against NZ his been quite good

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don’t think it’s mentioned much but Cummins really improved this tournament with his bowling and captaincy plus played some real handy knocks with the bat. Think since he bowled those death overs against NZ his been quite good
Player of the tournament for Australia

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Both teams are capable to beating each other on a given day.
India is definitely stronger in terms of form and momentum. If it was just selected players that got India this far I would say it's 50-50. However, it's crazy to see entire playing XI in form and contributing, not dependent on selected match winners. Very rarely do you see that - like Australia of 2003 and 2007.
Logically thinking all XI can't got out of form at the same time, so even if certain players fail some else will stand up and therefore india is clear favorites and Aussies win will be nothing shot of an upset.
At the end of the day, only nerves can cost India this world cup. It will be about whoever holds their nerve better. Can India just play like they have been, focus on their process and treat this as just another match?
For Aussis, the positive thing is that they have no pressure what-so ever and really nothing to lose. They can just go and enjoy themselves without fear of failure.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Nerves starting to kick in - more so as India really are the best side in this tournament by a country mile and should win but ….
But.. can India just not take any mental pressure? Can they play it like just another game?
Can they put fear of failure out of their minds?
That will dictate the end result.
There is no question about which team has better skills, form and momentum.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Might not be a bad toss to lose. Not as easy/no brainer as wankhede pitch.
Big final, you don't really worry about dew, conditions and other factors - you win the toss and bat first as far as I am concerned.
Ganguly paid heavy in 2003 after a stupid decision.