• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** T20 Champions League in South Africa

akilana

International 12th Man
Warriors, one of the weakest batting line ups, did well to reach the final. Looking forward to the final.

LadyK

Cricket Spectator
Weather conditions

SA were never in any danger of being bowled out by pretty average opposition but pace/bounce went out of pitch and that made scoring hard
Sour grapes much?

There are many adjectives you could use to describe the Warriors, but average is not one of them. I'm biased, being from PE, but even objectively speaking.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If anything South Australia were punching above their weight considering it was through the likes of Pollard and Afridi that they did well domestically. Outside Tait their bowling attack is mundane and their two spinners of club quality. Don't think many people expected them to get this far. Victoria on the other hand...

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Weather conditions

SA were never in any danger of being bowled out by pretty average opposition but pace/bounce went out of pitch and that made scoring hard
I agree. SA bowled and fielded incredibly well and they were in no way outplayed by a superior side.

Howsie

International Captain
I could of sworn Tsotsobe was quicker when I last saw him bowl in Australia a couple of seasons back. He was barely hitting the 130s in this game.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
I could of sworn Tsotsobe was quicker when I last saw him bowl in Australia a couple of seasons back. He was barely hitting the 130s in this game.
He was able to hit 140-145 kph before his injury. He mixes his pace a lot more. Bowls a lot of cutters. His stock delivery is between 130-135 kph.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sour grapes much?

There are many adjectives you could use to describe the Warriors, but average is not one of them. I'm biased, being from PE, but even objectively speaking.
Mate, you only need a cursory look at their lineups to know that the Warriors AND SA are 2 pretty average sides

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't recall him being much quicker, tbh. Definitely looks quicker than he is, tbh, which is probably more important.

Howsie

International Captain
Don't recall him being much quicker, tbh. Definitely looks quicker than he is, tbh, which is probably more important.
Nah, I definitely remember him having some decent wheels when he debuted in Australia last year. Just looking at the commentary of that game on cricinfo his sixth ball which was bowled to Ponting was timed at 143.6ks. Admitally I didn't remember him being that quick but he was definitely high 130's that game.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha, I can't believe I'm watching this final, for some reason it appeals to me a lot more than World T20. Murali and Ashwin with some great spells just now. You'd think Chennai will reach the target, but we'll see.