• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* SriLanka in India 2022

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Also when Harshal's slower ones don't grip he is toothless.. Could go for plenty in Australia.
Still think we need Siraj to partner Bumrah & probably Deepak Chahar with the new ball to complete the attack.
100% agree with the Siraj call. He was so impressive in the death last IPL, nailed every Yorker and dominated a rampaging Dre-russ with minimal issue.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Also I think Kumara right now is fastest pacer in Asia. Dude bowled plenty over 150k in recent WT20 as well. Chameera is 145k max which is rapid in itself. Amazing pace battery. This Binura Guy is tall 6ft 6. Sri lanka should back these guys & they will have a good pace attack at test/ODI level.
Hasaranga is gun in LOIs.. Theekshana is decent so far at T20 level at least.

Migara

International Coach
Also I think Kumara right now is fastest pacer in Asia. Dude bowled plenty over 150k in recent WT20 as well. Chameera is 145k max which is rapid in itself. Amazing pace battery. This Binura Guy is tall 6ft 6. Sri lanka should back these guys & they will have a good pace attack at test/ODI level.
Hasaranga is gun in LOIs.. Theekshana is decent so far at T20 level at least.
Bowling was never the problem most of the time. We have fielded probably the one of greatest ever ODI attacks in the past (Vaas, Malinga, Murali, Mendis, jayasuriya). It is always the batting. In the past we had batters who could put 150 - 170 on the board, and we had bowlers to defend that, or to blow away the opposition for low totals. Most of our fast bowlers are loose cannons and are used inappropriately. For example, Kumara once warmed up, should have finished his spell. He was not only bowling well, but was a real physical threat too. No point him bringing him back in death overs, where he doesn't have enough skills to perform. He may get away becuse of his pace some times, but he is not suited for the job. it is Chameera and fernando's work to bowl the death.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sri Lanka will have the makings of a very good attack with Kumara, Chameera, Karunaratne, Shanaka, Theekshana and Hasaranga for the T20 WC in Australia. I think 3 of those 6 are actual allrounders and Chameera can definitely hit a long ball which is good for T20s. I guess Theekshana is not the worst with the bat either. As long as they can get their fielding and top 5 sorted, they may be a real dark horse for a deep run in the WC.

hassan918

Cricket Spectator
It was too easy for India and as expected by most people they win the T20 series 3-0. I don't think Sri Lanka can get any wins in the two test series as well.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Bowling was never the problem most of the time. We have fielded probably the one of greatest ever ODI attacks in the past (Vaas, Malinga, Murali, Mendis, jayasuriya). It is always the batting. In the past we had batters who could put 150 - 170 on the board, and we had bowlers to defend that, or to blow away the opposition for low totals. Most of our fast bowlers are loose cannons and are used inappropriately. For example, Kumara once warmed up, should have finished his spell. He was not only bowling well, but was a real physical threat too. No point him bringing him back in death overs, where he doesn't have enough skills to perform. He may get away becuse of his pace some times, but he is not suited for the job. it is Chameera and fernando's work to bowl the death.
Yep batting has major work to do across formats I reckon. Will be exciting to watch Kumara bowl full tilt in Test series. He surely had young Indian batters rattled in 2nd T20. If he gets it right he can turn the games on its head. Chameera has his wood over Rohit looks like & will be interesting to see how he goes about it. It's been a while I think SL pace attack looks more of a threat than spin.
I hope we see pace friendly tracks in test series.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka will have the makings of a very good attack with Kumara, Chameera, Karunaratne, Shanaka, Theekshana and Hasaranga for the T20 WC in Australia. I think 3 of those 6 are actual allrounders and Chameera can definitely hit a long ball which is good for T20s. I guess Theekshana is not the worst with the bat either. As long as they can get their fielding and top 5 sorted, they may be a real dark horse for a deep run in the WC.
Yes, I am too hopeful of this SL team with the bowling attack and top order they possess. Asalanka surprisingly went totally out of form in Australia as well as India but he is a quality player and should bounce back soon. Hasaranga was a big miss for them against India.

Slifer

International Captain
Sri Lanka vs India atm, is like NZ vs Australia. SL has no chance in hell vs India but best of luck.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Expect this 11 from India tomorrow -

Rohit (c)
Mayank
Vihari
Virat
Pant (wk)
Shreyas
Jadeja
Ashwin
Jayant / Saurabh
Bumrah
Shami

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Thank God for test. Something to take mind away from Ukraine!

Edit: Not saying God exists

cnerd123

likes this
Hate the siren for the no ball

We have crowds in the ground but why does it still sound like they're using fake crowd noises on the broadcasts.

Vuvuzela's should be banned.

Lakmal getting the new ball to talk a bit but this looks like a 400+ first innings pitch.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hate the siren for the no ball

We have crowds in the ground but why does it still sound like they're using fake crowd noises on the broadcasts.

Vuvuzela's should be banned.

Lakmal getting the new ball to talk a bit but this looks like a 400+ first innings pitch.
Day 1 400 pitch going by Rohit's last two shots.