• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* SriLanka in India 2022

cnerd123

likes this
Jadeja at 19 years of age was absolute joke. Abhishek is actually an amazing prospect & highly rated since U19 level.
Jadeja was part of the best U19 generation India has ever had. He was central to RR winning the first ever IPL, and was earmarked from early on for great things. His ODI performances early on weren't great, but he was good enough to get into the squad. Sharma is a loooonnnggg way from that.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Jadeja was part of the best U19 generation India has ever had. He was central to RR winning the first ever IPL, and was earmarked from early on for great things. His ODI performances early on weren't great, but he was good enough to get into the squad. Sharma is a loooonnnggg way from that.
Not really Abhishek was part of U19 WC winning side in 2018. His IPl debut inns was amazing for DD at 17. Didn't get a lot of opportunities as he was traded to SRH & then again didn't get many opportunities or a consistent run bit like Priyam Garg last year.
He is a top order bat who can bowl decent left arm spin.
This season he will open for SRH his natural position so let's see. He opens for Punjab in domestic cricket as well

cnerd123

likes this
Not really Abhishek was part of U19 WC winning side in 2018. His IPl debut inns was amazing for DD at 17. Didn't get a lot of opportunities as he was traded to SRH & then again didn't get many opportunities.
This season he will open for SRH his natural position so let's see. He opens for Punjab in domestic cricket as well
one 98 in 5 innings (158 runs total) and 6 wickets @ 26 in 3 games for Punjab this season, he's hardly setting domestic cricket alight. Scored 169* in the VH trophy in Dec which is nice but also has a List A bowling average of 59.55. He may have all the talent in the world, but that means nothing until he can actually put up some real numbers. Atm he's still a 21 year old rookie and a long way away from even India A contention.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Not really Abhishek was part of U19 WC winning side in 2018. His IPl debut inns was amazing for DD at 17. Didn't get a lot of opportunities as he was traded to SRH & then again didn't get many opportunities or a consistent run bit like Priyam Garg last year.
He would have got an opportunity if he was really good, isn`t it?

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
one 98 in 5 innings (158 runs total) and 6 wickets @ 26 in 3 games for Punjab this season, he's hardly setting domestic cricket alight. Scored 169* in the VH trophy in Dec which is nice but also has a List A bowling average of 59.55. He may have all the talent in the world, but that means nothing until he can actually put up some real numbers. Atm he's still a 21 year old rookie and a long way away from even India A contention.
Agree with everything he desperately needs 1 good IPl to be in with a chance. A tours these days have become very rare. I suppose it will be the case for a while now. So IPl & domestic cricket will have to do.
Just saying that multi dimensional players are rare breed in India & numbers don't always tell the whole story.
Raj Bawa has been decent in his first few FC games. He is batting too low for Chandigarh though. But he has shown promise as well. He has decent pace & does extracts good bounce. He is also one to watch out for in IPl. There's some hype about him now.

cnerd123

likes this
Agree with everything he desperately needs 1 good IPl to be in with a chance. A tours these days have become very rare. I suppose it will be the case for a while now. So IPl & domestic cricket will have to do.
Just saying that multi dimensional players are rare breed in India & numbers don't always tell the whole story.
Raj Bawa has been decent in his first few FC games. He is batting too low for Chandigarh though. But he has shown promise as well. He has decent pace as well & does extracts good bounce. He is also one to watch out for in IPl. There's some hype about him now.
Bawa has 3 wickets in 2 games this season at 49, and he can't touch 140k like Stokes can. Probably touching 130s at his quickest during the U19 WC, I suspect he's bowling 120s in FC cricket with longer spells. Had 1 big innings vs Uganda in the U19 WC, hasn't crossed 50 in any other game since.

A lot of these U19 prospects end up going nowhere, having a solid Ranji career would be a big accomplishment. Way too early to expect anything from Bawa. I hope he comes good, but it's way too early to say.

For context - the U19 skipper Yash Dhull has scores of 113, 113* and 200* in his first 6 FC innings. Three 50s and a 100 (vs Aus in the SF) in the U19 WC. Now that's a kid worth hyping. Any allrounder who can put up those kind of numbers is worth paying attention too.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bawa has 3 wickets in 2 games this season at 49, and he can't touch 140k like Stokes can. Probably touching 130s at his quickest during the U19 WC, I suspect he's bowling 120s in FC cricket with longer spells. Had 1 big innings vs Uganda in the U19 WC, hasn't crossed 50 in any other game since.

A lot of these U19 prospects end up going nowhere, having a solid Ranji career would be a big accomplishment. Way too early to expect anything from Bawa. I hope he comes good, but it's way too early to say.

For context - the U19 skipper Yash Dhull has scores of 113, 113* and 200* in his first 6 FC innings. Three 50s and a 100 (vs Aus in the SF) in the U19 WC. Now that's a kid worth hyping. Any allrounder who can put up those kind of numbers is worth paying attention too.

He is not really an allrounder though, is Dhull. Best we can hope for is a Sehwag level part timer.

cnerd123

likes this
He is not really an allrounder though, is Dhull. Best we can hope for is a Sehwag level part timer.
Yea I know, I mean if a kid comes out of the U19 WC and starts lighting up Ranji then we know we've got a real Indian prospect on our hands. Jadeja hit 3 FC triple tons and took tons of wickets before he got a serious run at the Test side. Unfortunately no young allrounder in India is putting up numbers like that atm.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
"Drop Jadeja and let's play a totally random youngster who hasn't even really proven it at youth/domestic level" is quite a take.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain

First of all speed Guns were faulty in recent U19 WC... Pakistani pacer Zeeshan Zameer is clocking 145 kph in PSL but wasn't able to push to 140 in U19 WC.. Same goes for Hangargekar. Both were bowling rapidly in WC. I think someone also said that in official thread.
Secondly bowling 135 ish & extracting good bounce is as good as any. Also guy is U19 crickecter. He will get more quick with time.
Also Stokes was barely 130 kph at U19 level too.
You are also forgetting Bawa got covid in the tourney & played a clutch inns with Sindhu in the finals & a 4 wicket haul vs Saffers early in the tourney.

Last edited:

Xix2565

International Regular
Axar in for Jayant, Kusal Mendis and Jayawickrama in for Nissanka and Lahiru Kumara.

Also Mayank what was that.

Last edited: