• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Man, I don't rate Matthews at all.. Unconvincing with the bat and unthreatening with the ball. Hopefully, it is due to bad form than any real lack of skill but if this is all he has got, I think he would seriously be a huge weak link for this SL side.. batting at 6 and bowling first change..
Nah looks very compact to me the times i've seen him. His bowling yea doesn't look anything special. He probably would be effective on SRI dustbowl bowling off-cutters or MAYBE in England bowling on a greentop.

Sir Alex

Banned
This is more satisfying than a world cup win as far as am concerned. I started a new thread for this. I know chinks remain like winning a series in South Africa and Australia remains but then the sitaution was even worse at the start of this decade. I am sure with this team India will wipe off that deficit in their record. This is indeed a time to celebrate. Dhoni is a wonderful captain. He has played so far 10 matches as captain and has won 7 and drawn 3. That is an incredible record and he averages 68 as captain in these 10 tests which speaks volumes about him! India have played Australia, england, sri Lanka, and New Zealand away is no mean effort. Congratualtions.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is more satisfying than a world cup win as far as am concerned. I started a new thread for this. I know chinks remain like winning a series in South Africa and Australia remains but then the sitaution was even worse at the start of this decade. I am sure with this team India will wipe off that deficit in their record. This is indeed a time to celebrate. Dhoni is a wonderful captain. He has played so far 10 matches as captain and has won 7 and drawn 3. That is an incredible record and he averages 68 as captain in these 10 tests which speaks volumes about him! India have played Australia, england, sri Lanka, and New Zealand away is no mean effort. Congratualtions.
This team should have won the series in Ozzy in 07..and has the potential to beat South Africa at home. I wish India played South Africa next year!

ret

International Debutant
Nothing much to say except it was a great performance by the #1 side in the world!

masterblaster

International Captain
We are officially the #1 test team in the world!

Never thought I'd see the day.
This.

It's unbelievable to imagine that India is number 1 in tests. After following Indian Cricket for 20 years I never thought they could be number 1.

It's a shame though that we hardly play any tests in the next year and that we won't be able to hold onto the number 1 spot.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am so damn happy at the moment!!! Watching the emotions on the faces of Sachin, Dravid and Laxman said it all!!! These champions had to put up with a lot of stuff from overseas players and writers over the years coz the team was rather dire and finally now, they can go out there and say "We are #1 in the world"... :) Thank God for this and praying that this may last much much longer than it did when we became #1 in ODIs...

ret

International Debutant
According to FTP, in 2010 India is playing

- 2 tests in BD
- 3 tests against SA in Ind
- 2 tests in Zim
- 3 tests against NZ in Ind
- 3 tests in SA (probably Dec 2010 - Jan 2011)

That's 13 tests before the WC2011 in Feb