• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016

Compton

International Debutant
Quite pleased for Hales in this series, I'm sure some would like to write it off because of dropped catches, but he's actually been one of few batsmen to stand up in bowling conditions that a lot of people said was unfair on the tourists.
Yeah, you don't average 70 in a series in seaming conditions just because you're lucky.

Stapel

International Regular
I've been calling for Hales for a while, so obviously pleased he does well. Would be very annoying if he were to miss out on a ton for the 3rd time this series.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Serous props for the faith shown in Hales though. If he can be even three quarters of an opener in the Sehwag mould, it would be a huge bonus for England.

grecian

I've been calling for Hales for a while, so obviously pleased he does well. Would be very annoying if he were to miss out on a ton for the 3rd time this series.
He's proving a lot of us wrong ATM, good on him. I hope he tons up too, deserves it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Serous props for the faith shown in Hales though. If he can be even three quarters of an opener in the Sehwag mould, it would be a huge bonus for England.
He's really never played like that in red ball cricket, it's just that people saw him in T20 first and thought he must be ultra-aggressive.

grecian

He's really never played like that in red ball cricket, it's just that people saw him in T20 first and thought he must be ultra-aggressive.
I think it's all the idiots that want a "David Warner" type player. I just want someone who scores runs, couldn't give a **** how they do it.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
People keep claiming he's this hugely attacking opener, Warne called him a great foil for Cook for that reason (yes it's Warne I know). The reality is that he scores at a similar rate to Cook, especially early on in difficult conditions. Of course there's more potential for him to be expansive on quicker pitches and once he's grown more assured.

Stapel

International Regular
The usual idea is just to pick the guy with the lowest striking rate, because they know that cricket is an RPG where you don't have enough stat points to put into both striking rate and innings average.

:)

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I seem to remember Hales having problems getting to his first FC hundred a while back? And of course he's gotten 99 in t20 and ODIs. Clearly has a problem with milestones.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The usual idea is just to pick the guy with the lowest striking rate, because they know that cricket is an RPG where you don't have enough stat points to put into both striking rate and innings average.

:)
I don't know if you're taking the piss so I'm just going to move on.

grecian

Should be said his S-rate is a bit better in first-class then in Test so far. Yet nowadays 58 isn't that attacking, Warner at 76 for instance.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Sweepers on both sides is the worst. When the camera pans out I want to see the ball trickling away to the boundary. It's only fair on me. Fielders appearing who weren't shown in frame when the ball was bowled shouldn't be allowed to field.