• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

sideshowtim

Banned
Jono you should have asked that old man whether he has ever seen Jeff Thompson bowl!
Thommo doesn't sling it as much as Malinga.

Malinga's action to the naked eye does look pretty suspect though. He obviously doesn't chuck, but without looking at it closer it does look a little suss. Just as the likes of Tait etc do too.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Thommo doesn't sling it as much as Malinga.

Malinga's action to the naked eye does look pretty suspect though. He obviously doesn't chuck, but without looking at it closer it does look a little suss. Just as the likes of Tait etc do too.
Ahh no, just no (sorry Jono :p). Malinga's action is like fricking clean as hell, it takes an idiot to think he chucks.

sideshowtim

Banned
Ahh no, just no (sorry Jono :p). Malinga's action is like fricking clean as hell, it takes an idiot to think he chucks.
It takes an idiot to think his action looks perfect when watching it live to be honest. As I said, he doesn't chuck it, but live I could certainly see how one could get such an impression.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
**** I hate it when people say Malinga chucks.

I was at the gym and the cricket was on the TV. When Malinga was bowling some old guy comes up and goes "That's a throw!!! He shouldn't be allowed to do it"

OMG STFU old man and learn a thing about cricket.
Yeah, remember punching my mate back in High School when he started it up. Laaaame.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
With this Aussie innings Murali's bowling stats in tests in Australia are

• Tests : 5 1/2
  • Wickets + 12
  • Average : 67.25
  • Strike Rate : 133.5

Bah !! Lousy and highly over rated bowler. Fit to be dumped in history's dustbin alongwith such other over hyped characters as Shane Warne (of India fame) and Dennis Lillee (Menaceless in Pakistan) :sleep:

sideshowtim

Banned

• Wickets + 12

Bah !! Lousy and highly over rated bowler. Fit to be dumped in history's dustbin alongwith such other over hyped characters as Shane Warne (of India fame) and Dennis Lillee (Menaceless in Pakistan) :sleep:
Don't forget Ponting in India.

His average for Sri Lanka in Australia is actually 109. Those World XI matches shouldn't count in anyone's statistics.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's hoping for a good day's Cricket tomorrow and a good tussle in a cricketing sense and the discussion at the end of the day and the headlines are about the performances of players and not anyone else on the field....

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year

• Wickets + 12

Murali sometimes does look over inflated by the stats and thats a fact...there are few times in Test Cricket when he has looked to be without ideas and pretty ordinary and they have been very few in the last 10 years of his career but unfortunately the last 10 days have seen those occurrences more frequently...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Overall Australia have shown their dominance again and the rampant form of all their batsmen is extra-ordinary and only matched by the dominant sides of the West Indies of the 70s and 80s....

(I will not discuss the bowling strength of this Australian side as advised by the moderator ....nor my view as to why they are no longer Number 1)

Had they chosen to bat on, there is little doubt there would have been 4 centurions and a score in excess of 700-800 for the asking..

The weather again has forced a declaration...

SL's task would be to go past 343 first and then try and continue the first innings into Day 4.

I hope Sanath comes at 3 ahead of Sangakkara,because 6 is too late in the batting lineup for him...

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Overall Australia have shown their dominance again and the rampant form of all their batsmen is extra-ordinary and only matched by the dominant sides of the West Indies of the 70s and 80s....

(I will not discuss the bowling strength of this Australian side as advised by the moderator ....nor my view as to why they are no longer Number 1)

Had they chosen to bat on, there is little doubt there would have been 4 centurions and a score in excess of 700-800 for the asking..

The weather again has forced a declaration...

SL's task would be to go past 240 first and then try and continue the first innings into Day 4.

I hope Sanath comes at 3 ahead of Sangakkara,because 6 is too late in the batting lineup for him...
:blink:

Your 103 runs short.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Australia's dominance (particularly (sp) by the batsmen) can be summed up the following stats:

Lee - 65 test matches, 61 innings
MacGill - 42 test matches, 45 innings
Clark - 11 test matches, 10 innings

That means Australia has hardly ever had to bat twice.