• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka and Pakistan in UAE 2017

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan will find Sandakan the most difficult as they have never really faced a chinaman bowler and Waqar was saying how he has never seen a chinaman bowler in Pakistan. Sami was already struggling yesterday to pick his googly

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
watching this for the first time today

Now I understand why SL's run rate was so low - it's one of the slowest outfields I have seen

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Herath strikes.. WAG

SL need a couple more quick ones. This match is moving so slowly.

Himannv

International Coach
Captaincy is such an overrated thing. Probably a decision made by the coach or someone like that. Not that I think Chandimal is a particularly good captain or anything.

Niall

International Coach
Haha yeah he got a bowl in ODIs purely because they didn't have a sixth bowler in the side. He was actually much better than I expected when he first bowled internationally but yeah, he definitely still shouldn't be bowling in Tests. Azhar should've bowled instead - I guess Sarfraz wanted something different to just more leggies though.
His first game where he bowled a bit he was actually bowling as they did not have a fifth bowler in the side!

1st ODI (D/N), New Zealand tour of United Arab Emirates at Dubai, Dec 8 2014 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

People on twitter who were not familiar with him when they seen the line up were speculating about the likes of Younis and Shafiq doing the fifth bowler job. :laugh:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Sandakan bowled some lovely areas today and deserved some wickets..good fightback from Pakistan..Herath to run riot tomorrow

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
His first game where he bowled a bit he was actually bowling as they did not have a fifth bowler in the side!

1st ODI (D/N), New Zealand tour of United Arab Emirates at Dubai, Dec 8 2014 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

People on twitter who were not familiar with him when they seen the line up were speculating about the likes of Younis and Shafiq doing the fifth bowler job. :laugh:
Haha yeah I remember that now.

To be fair I think even if you were familiar with Haris you'd have probably made that speculation. I don't think he actually had any domestic wickets at all when he bowled in that game. It was totally unexpected.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Good session for us..hopefully bowl out Pakistan holdigbanlead and build on it for second innings..am impressed with our cricket so far..

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Totally Sri Lanka's session and Pakistan in deep trouble here. Batting on Day 5 against Sandakan and Herath will be tough.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Why haven't Sri Lanka tried out Dhananjaya in Tests yet?
He has played a few tests and done reasonably well in those if I recall. Fully agree with you though. I think that chandimal knows he bats in the same spot and will put more pressure on him so DDS is kept out..He should have played instead of Thirri IMO and I also think we got the order wrong as Kusal M has been at #3 for a long time and is growing in confidence and then we move him down to four in order to accommodate Thiri?

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He has played a few tests and done reasonably well in those if I recall. Fully agree with you though. I think that chandimal knows he bats in the same spot and will put more pressure on him so DDS is kept out..He should have played instead of Thirri IMO and I also think we got the order wrong as Kusal M has been at #3 for a long time and is growing in confidence and then we move him down to four in order to accommodate Thiri?
I was referring to Akila Dhananjaya TBH.. he took 6 wickets against India in that ODI game.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I was referring to Akila Dhananjaya TBH.. he took 6 wickets against India in that ODI game.
sorry my bad thought you meant DDS:laugh: yes I was at that game in kandy and Akila bowled really well but the only one he can replace to get into the test team at present is Sandakan but I think he doesn't give the same level of control..Dilruwan gets in on the back of his lower order batting and Herath is an automatic pick..

Last edited: