• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Anyone find Two test series completely dire? Especially while next door there is a seven ODI crap-fest going on?

I know the minimum ICC requirement is two tests every six years, but they really should increase that to three, or four even if it means increasing the time from six to seven years.

Last edited:

haroon510

International 12th Man
Abdur Rehman is a much better bowler than Rao Iftikhar Anjum, that's my guess. It will probably be Butt and Akmal to open, although I would like to see Malik lead from the front and do it.
tanveer, shahid nazir, shabbir ahamd, sami were other options.. for abdul rahman or kaneria
i would like to see younis and butt open and then shoaib in one down..

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Anyone find Two test series completely dire? Especially while next door there is a seven ODI crap-fest going on?

I know the minimum ICC requirement is two tests every six years, but they really should increase that to three, or four even if it means increasing the time from six to seven years.
Agreed completely. Especially regarding South Africa/Pakistan, who are formidable Test outfits in themselves. Seems fatuous that a Bangladesh-esque two Tests is all that's needed to determine who's better.

The other thing is that it desecrates tradition - a Pakistan tour is intended to be rough, gruelling and almost impossible to emerge from as a victor. Sneak a single win, though, and you can't lose. How times change. I almost miss Shakoor Rana.

pup11

International Coach
Btw,aren't Australia gonna play a 3 match test series when they tour Pakistan next year or are they also gonna play a 2 match test series?

pup11

International Coach
I think Pakistan should be very disappointed with this first session they should have had done a lot better than this, but credit should go to Harris and Boucher who have kept Pakistan at bay.

Beleg

International Regular
game's dead even at the moment. 350 is about par for this pitch.

Lets see how we bat.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Pakistan 3 down, cant afford to lose anymore wickets before the close of play.
Really hate fox sports for not showing this tbh :(

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
As te guys on TV just said, there is so much for Inzi to play for apart from the Team aspect.

A few runs to top Miandad as Pakistans leading run scorer, 80 runs or not outs to keep his career average over 50 and if he is lucky or good a massive hundred to take his total runs over 9000