• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Elgar averages 23 after 3 tests. Sure, he has shown doggedness by lasting at the wicket. However, it doesn't mean a lot if he doesn't make runs in the future. Now, please don't tell me that holds good for every one. The initial point was the current series isn't very helpful to players as some one is far more likely to have a bad series and it can hamper their careers.
Whoooosssshhhhhh

indiaholic

International Captain
And what about poor Jadeja's career Pratters? How would a useless bowler like him have a job without these pitches?

Burner

International Regular
Does Amla have the best defense out of the south african batsmen? Regardless of how many he scored, I thought he looked totally in control when he goes down and smothers the ball. By the look of how he played in the last innings, I thought a defiant century was on the cards. AB on the other hand looked clueless though. I don't think he even trusted his defense.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Holy ****, careers on the line :lol:

I hope your boss doesn't ever assign you any tough projects Pratters, just in case you **** it up and get demoted.

cnerd123

likes this
Does Amla have the best defense out of the south african batsmen? Regardless of how many he scored, I thought he looked totally in control when he goes down and smothers the ball. By the look of how he played in the last innings, I thought a defiant century was on the cards. AB on the other hand looked clueless though. I don't think he even trusted his defense.
Amla played with soft hands. That was very good. Several times when the spinners found the edge of his bat, it didn't carry to the close in fielders. I think thats something we didn't see enough of from the likes of ABDV and Kohli.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Black_Warrior liking a tec post calling us ICF fans was the most offensive thing in the thread. I mean, I expect tec to post bs but a sensible poster liking it almost made me cry.
:laugh: ok some of the posting from your team was pretty **** as well..
You guys were pretty much dismissing everyone who raised any point as 'so called expert' and 'having an agenda'
That was disappointing for me as well

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The difference between Nagpur and Nottingham | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
Good article by Karthik Krishnaswamy. Ultimately the problem with pitches like Nagpur is that the cricket they produce is limited.

Personally I think one such pitch in a series is acceptable but two in three games is too much.
You know it's interesting how this series would have played out had the Bangalore test not been washed out. That looked like a decent pitch that South Africa squandered, and India were off to a very good start with Dhawan showing form. Had India scored the expected 400 plus with at least one century, and won 2-0 at Bangalore, I wonder if there would be a reaction like this then.

From what I gather, the main reason for a knee jerk reaction was India themselves collapsing, which added fuel to the fire and which is also why England got away with Trent Bridge because they responded with 390 to 60 all out. So it's easy to just conclude Australia are crap.
The Bangalore test could have been like that, and people would just have concluded that SA can't play spin.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah I stick by that. Hayden and Krishnaswany can go suck each others dicks.

This Krishnaswamy was the one who tried a Jarrod Kimber clone column not too long ago. I should seriously join the cricinfo fb page and troll these guys on it. That idiot has no clue on cricket or column writing or anything except mimicking (and failing badly at that) popular opinions in popular columnists' style.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You know it's interesting how this series would have played out had the Bangalore test not been washed out. That looked like a decent pitch that South Africa squandered, and India were off to a very good start with Dhawan showing form. Had India scored the expected 400 plus with at least one century, and won 2-0 at Bangalore, I wonder if there would be a reaction like this then.

From what I gather, the main reason for a knee jerk reaction was India themselves collapsing, which added fuel to the fire and which is also why England got away with Trent Bridge because they responded with 390 to 60 all out. So it's easy to just conclude Australia are crap.
The Bangalore test could have been like that, and people would just have concluded that SA can't play spin.
If India

Nah, if that happened the same waaahh warriors would have just gone "India prepared pitches that favor them so much with BOTH bat and ball and the only reason they scored was because the RSA spinners sucked". And you know it!!!

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, if that happened the same waaahh warriors would have just gone "India prepared pitches that favor them so much with BOTH bat and ball and the only reason they scored was because the RSA spinners sucked". And you know it!!!
But that's exactly how every other home team like England or Australia win their home games. You can't make that argument because it's the same pitch for both and if one side bats well and the other doesn't, the reasonable conclusion is that one side is better and the pitch is just fine.

cnerd123

likes this
I could totally see Cricinfo analysts and sour SA fans complaining that the Bangalore pitch favoured the bowlers on day 1, then flattened out when India batted, before taking turn again at the end of day 3, hence causing SA to lose.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But that's exactly how every other home team like England or Australia win their home games. You can't make that argument because it's the same pitch for both and if one side bats well and the other doesn't, the reasonable conclusion is that one side is better and the pitch is just fine.

If the waaah warriors can see facts like that, this thread would not have been such a mess.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: ok some of the posting from your team was pretty **** as well..
You guys were pretty much dismissing everyone who raised any point as 'so called expert' and 'having an agenda'
That was disappointing for me as well
Yeah agreed.

***** didn't do himself any favors by being so aggressive and dismissing all the former players with a broad brush.

That said he was right about the pitch so everyone else can suck it.

Niall

International Coach
Surely Zimbabwe/West Indies are due a test series in India ?:ph34r:

Mohandas Menon
‏@mohanstatsman
If Aus bt NZ 2-0 and Ind bt SAf 3-0
The ICC Test ranking in 1st week of Dec will be
SAf 114
Ind 111
Aus 109
Pak 106
Eng 99
NZ 95
SL 94
WI 76

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
This Krishnaswamy was the one who tried a Jarrod Kimber clone column not too long ago. I should seriously join the cricinfo fb page and troll these guys on it. That idiot has no clue on cricket or column writing or anything except mimicking (and failing badly at that) popular opinions in popular columnists' style.