• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

open365

International Vice-Captain
Can’t slow it down to the precise point of contact but does that ball pitch on middle or leg? If it’s the latter than Vaughan or anyone else for that matter can’t have a retort.
Tbh i'm not really criticising Vaughan at all for how he played that (though he does get bowled that way a fair bit too), I just wanted an excuse to post that bit of magical bowling from Dale Steyn :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Vaughan gets trapped on the crease often and that leads to the swing being bigger than if he got a stride in. Great ball from Steyn, but Vaughan played it poorly.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Never rated Ntini but he does pick up the wickets. I do cringe when he bowls though. Good to hear that Steyn and Morkel were working up some pace though - I'm not the only one who gets shivers when that speedo goes red in a Test.
I on the other hand look forward to when Ntini gets the ball.

Briony

International Debutant
So Smith might instruct his bowlers to target KP's earring. Plus he's told him to button up.

When it was suggested Smith should get his highly-rated pacemen to target KP's fashionable diamond ear-ring, Smith added: 'That's not a bad shout! How expensive is the earring?

Source : Zoo Magazine

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
So Smith might instruct his bowlers to target KP's earring. Plus he's told him to button up.

When it was suggested Smith should get his highly-rated pacemen to target KP's fashionable diamond ear-ring, Smith added: 'That's not a bad shout! How expensive is the earring?

That is why we LOVE you8-)

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Not seen anyone mention it. But Sri Lanka have agreed to tour England next year in place of Zimbabwe. Will be a nice challenge and some good warm ups for Australia later in the summer. Its also nice to not have to face Murali on the drier pitches of late summer!

21-23 April v Leicestershire, Leicester

25-27 April v Essex, Chelmsford

29 April-3 May v England Lions, Derby

7-11 May First Test, Lord's

15-19 May Second Test, Chester-le-Street

21 May v Somerset, Taunton

24 May First one-day international, Bristol

27 May Second one-day international, Edgbaston

30 May Third one-day international, Headingley

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not seen anyone mention it. But Sri Lanka have agreed to tour England next year in place of Zimbabwe. Will be a nice challenge and some good warm ups for Australia later in the summer.
Deserves a separate thread for mine, not much to do with England-SA.
Its also nice to not have to face Murali on the drier pitches of late summer!
That's what we thought in 2006 - and look at how Trent Bridge turned-out.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant

Yeah i dont like starting new threads as i feel i might be spamming :P so just thought id post it in the most relevent England thread active at the moment :P

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant

True. The guy can spin it on glass. But it still nice, especially if we have a wet summer like we have over the last few years.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Are you in love with Graeme Smith?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That Trent Bridge pitch in 06 was a bloody disgrace
It was poor that England should play SL on such a surface, and deeply careless of someone. But I often wonder who was truly at fault. Surely a surface like that wouldn't be deliberately prepared?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never rated Ntini but he does pick up the wickets. I do cringe when he bowls though. Good to hear that Steyn and Morkel were working up some pace though - I'm not the only one who gets shivers when that speedo goes red in a Test.
Ntini likes his left-handed openers (dismissed Chris Gayle and Marcus Trescothick 9 times each in tests). I'd be surprised if he didn't have the upper hand on either Strauss or Cook. As for his pace, bowling with two seriously fast bowlers might mean he's been instructed to not worry so much about the speed gun and bowl a tight line since he's now by far their most experienced quick.

To watch, i don't like him. Having no slower ball is depressing, especially in ODIs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ntini likes his left-handed openers (dismissed Chris Gayle and Marcus Trescothick 9 times each in tests).
And had Trescothick dropped at least twice.

Forget whether it was him that had Gayle dropped on 80-odd in that triple-century too - might possibly have been.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And had Trescothick dropped at least twice.

Forget whether it was him that had Gayle dropped on 80-odd in that triple-century too - might possibly have been.
He has an excellent record against Matthew Hayden too, if i remember correctly. Got him out for 0 three times i believe.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They said he was going to bat at seven last time out before he got his sidee strain. That being said, if Colly/Bell are going as poorly as they have been, selectors might see it as Fred would be no worse with the bat and add so much with the ball. Not saying I agree, but I wouldn't be at all surprised.