• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in Bangladesh

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Am South African fans is it true that Johan Van der Wath no longer can play for SA or something of the sort?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Am South African fans is it true that Johan Van der Wath no longer can play for SA or something of the sort?
Johan retired from international cricket after the 20/20 WC. He subsequently joined the ICL, had his domestic contract torn up and spent the best part of the summer in Perth.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Two fours from the captain and then he chucks away his wicket. Smart catch from Botha.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Aftab goes, another wicket chucked away. Been really poor cricket so far from Bangladesh. South Africans have not even bowled that well.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Nice yorker (just a shame the batsman hit it), Mørkel on hat-trick.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
192 all out and practically every Bangladeshi player chucked their wicket away. Really disappointing to see.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
Yea, I've been watching this morning and the Bangladeshis have lots of talent, but awfully lack discipline at the crease. The bowlers didn't start bad, as I type they took two wickets.

cricman

International 12th Man
-I'm utterly disappointed again, all the batsmen threw there wicket away when they were looking great Aftab, Ashraful, Nafees and Sakib. If some how 192 turned to 255 i would be really estatic.

- Ashraful makes me :wallbash:

- Rafique Rules ... he needs to call back his retirement ... but if its the end at least he'll bag 5 one more time.

- Shahadat did a great Job ... he was spitting fire today needs to continue it tomorrow ... the fielding was on point too.

Hopefully we can restrict SA around 260 and than the Batsmen need to use their head for once.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great comeback by the Bangladeshi bowlers but one wonders why the South Africans thought playing off the back foot was a good idea. Wicket has no pace and subsequently zero bounce yet, Kallis was playing everything off the back foot, get forward! The less said about Smith’s dismissal the better, must be the sixth time he has done that since November. Bangladesh currently on top for mine.

pup11

International Coach
Good to see the Bangers show some spunk on the field through their bowling today after batting brainlessly, but the South African batsmen showed lack of application today and they would have to learn from their mistakes and bat a lot better tomorrow, otherwise they could be in trouble because they have to bat last on this track.

Woodster

International Captain
Watched the highlights of the opening day and as a number of you have already said, wreckless batting from the Bangladeshis. Aftab Ahmed had battled his way to 44 and then with the field spread, easy runs there for the taking, he attempts to go over the top of mid off! There are times to dominate, but he needed to ensure his side got into a decent position through sensible batting before taking a risk or two.

Morkel looked impressive, as did Shahadat Hossain. Doesn't seem as quick as I remember (pitch doesn't help I realise) but did an admirable job in his nine overs. Kallis looked as though he was bedding in for a typical big one but insisted on playing the spinners off the back foot. With the indifferent bounce that is about all it needed was for another one to keep low, which it did, and it was curtains.

Game nicely poised but I expect SA to gain firm control over the course of the Test.