• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I forgot it started yesterday, but caught the highlights on the news (surprisingly Korea doesn't have a channel devoted to cricket...). What's the wicket like? There was a bit during the week about it being back to a normal WACA wicket, but they say that every year.

On another note...it looks like there's been a ban-a-thon on here since I last visited.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I forgot it started yesterday, but caught the highlights on the news (surprisingly Korea doesn't have a channel devoted to cricket...). What's the wicket like? There was a bit during the week about it being back to a normal WACA wicket, but they say that every year.

On another note...it looks like there's been a ban-a-thon on here since I last visited.
Wicket seems a bit less flat than last year's v India, but still nowhere near as fast as first thought.

And a funny old banfest at that tbh.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Been an interesting week in Off-Topic tbh. Some have found it, and I quote "dire", thers like myself have been in a continuous state of amusement about some of the antics which have taken place.

Cricketweb getting back to it's wackiest best I hope.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From CricInfo;

"The Channel 9 boys are doing a slip catching demonstration for the cameras, Mark Taylor has settled back into first slip beside Ian Healy with Ian Chappell at second," says Brydon from the WACA. "Meanwhile Michael Slater is doing his own thing, taking some practice swings at the crease with bat in hand."

Awwww, Slats misses it.

thierry henry

International Coach
Australian tail looks disturbingly competent. I think Johnson and Krezja are in a similar class to Lee, and Siddle isn't a bunny either.

thierry henry

International Coach
Haven't actually checked Siddle's stats but he isn't exactly Chris Martin

Steyn is bouncing him at 142kph and Siddle seems totally unruffled....would be inappropriate if he was a proper bunny....two very nice leg side shots now

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haven't actually checked Siddle's stats but he isn't exactly Chris Martin

Steyn is bouncing him at 142kph and Siddle seems totally unruffled....would be inappropriate if he was a proper bunny....two very nice leg side shots now
Sids is the nightwatchman for Victoria. Does a reasonable job.

EDIT: Who was calling him a "bunny"?

thierry henry

International Coach
Seriously, can one innings go by without Bill or Tony (especially Tony) basically complaining about tail-enders being allowed to wear helmets??