• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Semi Final 1 - Sri Lanka vs New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike5181

International Captain
Yeah, lets just nurdle along until the 45th over and then we can try and hit Malinga and Murali out of the park. Oh no, those guys are to good. Lets just play out those two and wait for Mendis and Harath's last over. Its a ****ing 50 over game!!!!! You don't cram 50 overs worth of runs into 5 ****ing overs!!!

Borges

International Regular
****ing hell. We should've got at least 240, hopefully 260 from the platform we had.
Come on guys, you bowl and field a whole lot better than England. Just hang in there and SL won't have it as easy as in the quarters.

217 is just about 25 or so below par; but this wicket's not all that great for stroke play. A new batsman who comes in will be vulnerable till he plays himself in and adjusts to the pace and bounce of this pitch. The key is to get Mahela early; he's the danger man on this sort of track.

Dissector

International Debutant
I think NZ have done OK actually. They were always the underdogs and this wasn't that easy a pitch to bat on. They avoided getting blown out by the Lankan bowlers and have given their own bowlers something to bowl at. If they can get a couple of early wickets anything could happen. Chances are they will put up a much better fight than England.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
G'night guys! Keep the faith. I've just made one last big bet on the Lankans. I'll be leading a very spartan life for the next two weeks if we get home. Here's hoping.

99*

International Debutant
G'night guys! Keep the faith. I've just made one last big bet on the Lankans. I'll be leading a very spartan life for the next two weeks if we get home. Here's hoping.
But then how will you fund our win in the final? :ph34r:

Woodster

International Captain
A certain inevitability about this now, with them comfortably chasing down 229 against England on this pitch, to bowl out NZ for less than that will give them great confidence to reach the final. NZ will also be aware that they breezed past England without losing a wicket and will know that they are unlikely to have enough on the board. A few quick wickets may change that and although they shouldn't have enough, an inspired start may have this score looking like a winning one.

You can look at the innings in two ways. You can say they didn't make the most of the early overs, players such as Guptill, McCullum, Taylor and Ryder, key players for NZ all got in but used up a number of deliveries for the scores they made. Taylor with the best S/R of those batsmen at 65.

Alternatively they were not in a bad position after 32 overs being 134-3. Not a great position, but two set batsmen that have been in for 10 overs with a good partnership developing. None of the batsmen batted through right to the end, despite Styris' best efforts and none of the big hitters really came off.

Howsie

International Captain
Gah, what a way to screw up a rather decent position. You can't blame the lower order to much though, someone needed to kick on in the top five.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Bah. I'm gone. Expectation is at near zero, just like after our innings in the quarters. Recipe for success IMO. Goodnight everyone.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
But then how will you fund our win in the final? :ph34r:
Well, I'll probably just have to resort to giving $50 hand jobs around the back of Pound on Friday night. But that's a risk I'm willing to take.

R_D

International Debutant
Bit disappointed with NZ at the end there... should've got at least 240 runs.

How good is Sri Lanka's death bowling... Malinga is just too awesome.. Yorker after Yorker, so damn accurate. Hard to hit that for four.

Murali WAG, wicket of his last ball... Amazing man.

I think NZ will make a much better game out of it than England defending 222 in the quarters... With tight bowling and fielding. Chasing underlights in a big match is never easy.

Jacknife

International Captain
Bit disappointed with NZ at the end there... should've got at least 240 runs.

How good is Sri Lanka's death bowling... Malinga is just too awesome.. Yorker after Yorker, so damn accurate. Hard to hit that for four.

Murali WAG, wicket of his last ball... Amazing man.

I think NZ will make a much better game out of it than England defending 222 in the quarters... With tight bowling and fielding. Chasing underlights in a big match is never easy.
Not that it made much difference but it was 229.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we don't have a wicket by the time SL bring up their 50, I'm going to bed.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't lose faith Kiwi fans. FFS you did something similar vs SA. SL mat have caught the choke :ph34r: