• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Spark

Global Moderator
I know it's swinging but they really have to pull their lengths back here. There's a half volley or two every over, no real pressure for either batsman to chase one because they'll get a freebie anyway.

Spark

Global Moderator
Are you watching a different match?

The Ashes are going quickly on a pitch that should suit us.
Think he's taking the piss tbf

I'm wondering when England last won a Test when not playing a frontline spinner, it's a strategy that never seems to end well.
It pretty much never ever works and I will die on his hilll; granted Tongue has been the pick of the seamers today but the value of even an average spinner >>>> 4th quick unless you're peak WI and your 4th quick is, like, Courtney Walsh.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Said it before

Robinson is bog ordinary

He’s the Voges of test bowlers
That's a bit harsh , Voges averaged 542 against the West Indies and 99 against the New Zealand to get his career batting average ...Robinson has gotten his average so far playing against Australia home and away , New Zealand home and away ,Pakistan away , India and SA at home ..Basically the top 5 teams ..