• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

ripper868

International Coach
I disliked Broad for a bit, but as he embraced the pantomime villain role, and actually be a somewhat decent player, I've come to respect him.

Being English, and it being the Ashes, I'm not allowed to like the guy.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Am I alone in saying that most Australians have softened on Broad over the last few years
I think there was always grudging respect for him, and the whole not walking thing was squarely aimed by Lehmann at casual fans rather than proper supporters.

Hes always lifted for the Ashes and apart from anything else he’s the anti-Carty and doesn’t take himself seriously. I don’t know how he’s mates with Anderson tbh

Spark

Global Moderator
I disliked Broad for a bit, but as he embraced the pantomime villain role, and actually be a somewhat decent player, I've come to respect him.

Being English, and it being the Ashes, I'm not allowed to like the guy.
How did he embrace the panto villain role though? Like I can't sincerely remember Broad actually doing anything other than, you know, wait for the umpire to give him out.

And also win a load of Tests/series for England.

RIcho

School Boy/Girl Captain
Am I alone in saying that most Australians have softened on Broad over the last few years
I've always liked him, he seems like a pretty good bloke. Enjoys playing the cartoon villain.
I actually picture him as a Ronald Searle illustration in one of the Molesworth books, wearing an Eton uniform and monocle, and holding a conker.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How did he embrace the panto villain role though? Like I can't sincerely remember Broad actually doing anything other than, you know, wait for the umpire to give him out.

And also win a load of Tests/series for England.
I guess his celebrappeals might have rubbed people the wrong way at times. I've never minded him, though.