• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice enough recovery job by Clarke here. You'd be a brave man to say Australia can still win or save this game, but I'd be very disappointed if they didn't try.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice enough recovery job by Clarke here. You'd be a brave man to say Australia can still win or save this game, but I'd be very disappointed if they didn't try.
As long as they get to the end of the day only 5 or 6 down then I will happily make the trip to Lords tomorow with the chance of a good mornings play followed by Englands first win at lords for 7803421 years. If they are 8 or 9 down then not sure what I will do, probably go anyway though.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
100 partnership up. Some good batting from these guys. If only one of the openers hung around for longer....

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well the forecast is good, and it's not hard to bat at all here when it's sunny. You could get two full glorious beer-filled sessions.

pup11

International Coach
No way in the world Ponting will step down. If they get pumped and he ****s up like at Edgbaston 05 then he may be pushed but even then it's unlikely.
Ponting might not be a great tactician, but he is a tremendous motivator, and just the kind of leader who can get the best out of all these young blokes that are coming into the side, I think he would retire as the captain of Australia, and there is still a lot of time left before he hangs his boots.

pup11

International Coach
Watching these two bat, one can't help but feel that better efforts from Ponting, Hussey and North could have given Australia a decent chance in this game.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Watching these two bat, one can't help but feel that better efforts from Ponting, Hussey and North could have given Australia a decent chance in this game.
Well particularly in the first innings, I think the bowling being off has hidden the real issue which was our poor batting application, caused perhaps by our inflated confidence from the run-feast in cardiff.

pup11

International Coach
100 for Clarke, very well played, probably has to be one of the finest test knocks of his career so far, needs to go on and make a double now.