• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Big test of temperament this for the young Prince, if he does well in this situation and helps his side reach safe shores, it would do further prove that he is the real deal.
Big test of integrity for Strauss who says he definitely caught it. Fails.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought you were playing by the spirit of cricket, though, Ricky?
He was, until it didn't suit Australia to do so.

Either way, Hughes can't moan, he was dropped just a few minutes ago. Get out, you're lucky you were even around for that non-catch to be "caught".

Andre

International Regular
Now, I don't mind that it has been given out without referring to the third umpire, but where is the consistency in the decision making? Why did the catch that Hauritz took yesterday that get referred but this one not?

Like I said, I don't mind this decision (or yesterdays for that matter), but surely for the sake of consistency, if Rudi is unsure, surely it has to go upstairs?

R_D

International Debutant
haha..... that looked not out..

Still Ricky you harp on about spirit of cricket..... you're not the ****ing umpire don't try to be one.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Now, I don't mind that it has been given out without referring to the third umpire, but where is the consistency in the decision making? Why did the catch that Hauritz took yesterday that get referred but this one not?

Like I said, I don't mind this decision (or yesterdays for that matter), but surely for the sake of consistency, if Rudi is unsure, surely it has to go upstairs?
Yeah, AWTA strongly.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Find it a bit hard to see why that wasn't referred when the decision yesterday was.

Surely you've got to go one way or the other - either the third umpire is a reasonable judge of a low catch and it should be referred if it's contested, or the third umpire can't judge it, and you shouldn't. No way you could be certain about that as an umpire, and it looks far more grounded than the Hauritz catch yesterday.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ridiculous. ****ing absurd, why didn't Rudi refer that?
Because they always get given n\o when they're referred, it's completely pointless.

Fewer errors get made when you let the standing Umpires make that call - they're far closer than the camera is.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Strauss didn't catch that, although he seemed to genuinely think he had.

It's still all coming up England big time this morning, a wicket off a no-ball and a catch that hit the ground.

JBH001

International Regular
Thought that was out in real time, myself. But yeah, replays are...

Still, I thought referrals are only in case both umpires are unsure. If the square leg umpire (Doctrove) was certain, then there is no need for the third umpire.

Still, bad luck, Australia.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Looks like all the dire luck Fred's had with injury over the years has finally decided to help him on his last ever game at Lords.