• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Similiarish area but they have very different functions, so an injury in one or the other is quite different. If Pietersen had a calf injury he wouldn't be able to play, but conversely would probably recover quicker. Tendon injuries are always very tricky, nagging things that take a long time to heal but don't necessarily hinder you that much, though somedays it feels worse than others. Unless of course you snap a tendon in which case you are buggered and need surgery.
I see.

C'mooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Freedddddiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...................................

tooextracool

International Coach
How long before someone suggests the sheer lunacy of Prior not being in the ODI side? Before anyone says it, hes rubbish at ODIs and has a rubbish record at it.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Good to see Prior go. Broke a good partnership.

What time is this scheduled to finish with the rain yesterday? What is the latest it can go to?

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Watch the Aussies bowl and field like absolute demons again now that Fred's in; the one man all England fans really wanted to see make some runs today. Come on Fred.

Pigeon

Banned
I don't remember who it was, but someone recently ripped into me when I said I'd rather watch Prior bat than Pietersen.

This is why.

I think both are pleasant batsmen to watch - it basically comes down to whether you prefer watching off-side or leg-side play, IMO.

And he gets run out as I type this.
True. Prior looks compact and balanced at the crease. Unlike Pietersen who's all arms and legs falling over.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well gents, I'm off for some tea. Hope the England fans enjoy the last 18 overs and hope they make the Aussies as miserable as possible. :D

PY

International Coach
I'd give Colly and Freddie 8-9 overs here to put 50 more on the board if they can.

Then give Freddie the cherry with plenty of drunks in the crowd and there'll be some atmosphere to cheer him on.

Think three overs of Fred will have the Aussies quite nervous here in my opinion

tooextracool

International Coach
True. Prior looks compact and balanced at the crease. Unlike Pietersen who's all arms and legs falling over.
I think the key to Prior's technique is his balance and how straight his head is when he gets into position and plays his shots. Ive always said that his footwork is poor and he plays away from the body but much like Damien Martyn, its almost irrelevant because he gets into perfect positions to play his shots. Im still worried about how he will go against the swinging ball, but I dont think it matters that much because hes still going to be dangerous on all other wickets and he is an excellent player on turners as well.

pskov

International 12th Man
With the overs left England will almost certainly have a 500+ lead at the close of play. Declare overnight or bat on for 20 minutes or so tomorrow just as a bit of mind games to irritate the Aussie openers?

pup11

International Coach
Agree with Warne that England should send Aus out there with a few overs to go tonight, disagree that Aus will chase this down. Would have to break a world record at this rate and can't see the Aussies doing it.
I just don't see the Australian batsmen seeing off 180 overs on day 4 and 5 to save the match and would be really surprised if they do so, I think they would need a lot of help from the weather, if they are to get out of this game with a draw.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
With the overs left England will almost certainly have a 500+ lead at the close of play. Declare overnight or bat on for 20 minutes or so tomorrow just as a bit of mind games to irritate the Aussie openers?
Maybe just tell them 10 minutes before the start of play tomorrow

tooextracool

International Coach
I just don't see the Australian batsmen seeing off 180 overs on day 4 and 5 to save the match and would be really surprised if they do so, I think they would need a lot of help from the weather, if they are to get out of this game with a draw.
Surprising maybe, but given that just one year ago this happened on the same ground:

HowSTAT! Match Scorecard

Its not impossible really.