• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wicket here, Bopara wasting his time standing his ground. If they give it not from the replays, that's a ****ing joke.

As for dropping Johnson, knee-jerk I reckon. He's still taken more wickets than any of the other bowlers and he's bowled arse. Imagine if he gets it right!

EDIT: No ****, ex-players who assume catches like that bounce forget what it was like to take a low catch, fair dinkum.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Personally think he's taken it, but it won't be given. Reckon his fingers are probably underneath the ball when the ball "bounces", but Bopara will be staying.

91Jmay

International Coach
Doesn't look out, you can see it hit the floor.

Good umpiring really, he didnt think it was out. Referred it just in case, nothing to change his mind. Not Out.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thing is, I dunno if the reaction of the players really tells a lot like Hussain is saying. Think they're only acting unsure because they're not sure if it's going to be given, not whether they think it's out. Sad, really.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because I'm sick of Gillespie and I'm sick of tasteful watercolour impressions. Do I have to justify everything?
Given you steadfastly refused to put art_dogbert_whip back, yes. Anyway I'm not questioning your change from Gillespie etc., merely why on Earth you choose that picture - it appears for all money like a political gesture.
Kee-rist. Isn't that what forums are for?
Nope, they're for pointful, rather than idle, speculation.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Johnson's been a fair bit better this spell. Helps that the batsmen aren't really going after him, but he's been more consistent with his line.

Hauritz probably took the catch for mine but you obviously couldn't give it out on the replay. Third umpire is pretty useless for low catches 90% of the time, was never going to be given out once it got referred.

sephiroth123

Cricket Spectator
Yep slow last hour there, really need England to get going. If I'm honest I'd rather Bopara just got out because he is painfully slow at the moment, in this situation England need to get as many runs as possible even if it means the odd wicket falling. Really want to be in a declarable position by tomorrow lunch and if this rate keeps up we won't be!

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Given you steadfastly refused to put art_dogbert_whip back, yes. Anyway I'm not questioning your change from Gillespie etc., merely why on Earth you choose that picture - it appears for all money like a political gesture.
It has Obama, ergo it's political? Unusally linear reasoning on your part.
Nope, they're for pointful, rather than idle, speculation.
Imagine if Nasser Hussain had played on today's decks against today's attacks. He'd have given Hayden what-for then.

Oh wait, he did. And he didn't.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Poor tactics on display from Ponting in the 2nd session, bowling his best bowler in this series (Hilf) into the ground is hardly a smart thing to do, should have rather rotated his quicks from one end, and bowl Hauritz from the other, anyways pretty surprising that Horrie was taken off the attack, especially after taking two quick wickets.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Yep slow last hour there, really need England to get going. If I'm honest I'd rather Bopara just got out because he is painfully slow at the moment, in this situation England need to get as many runs as possible even if it means the odd wicket falling. Really want to be in a declarable position by tomorrow lunch and if this rate keeps up we won't be!
I think you would want to be declaring before that, if the deck remains flat the aussies have an excellent batting lineup who can bat out 5 sessions, if not chase down 450 odd.