• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

ripper868

International Coach
I almost missed this, but tomorrow is shaping as a good day.
0730: New Zealand v England
1030: Australia v Wales
1530: South Africa v Ireland
20:00: Argentina v France

Think those are broadcast rather than KO times, but very much a good Saturday coming up.

Molehill

International Captain

Think those are broadcast rather than KO times, but very much a good Saturday coming up.
They're a nice balance of fairly even contests too. England is 8.05am kick off, I'll record it and try not to find out the result whilst playing golf.

ripper868

International Coach
See Lynagh jr. jr. has made the latest Wobblies squad.

Haven't seen the boy in action, but comes from good stock.
He started for the Reds this season, did ok in parts, but saw the season out on the bench behind James O'Connor (yes, he's still about).

Agree with Molehill, I think the match ups are all reasonably even, or at least in the same weight classes (maybe Argentina punching slightly above v France)

James

Cricket Web Owner

Don't forget the NZ Maori v Japan as well :)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

And Australia gets to see the Wallaroos instead of ABs v the Poms :sleep1:

ripper868

International Coach
Georgian ref doing a pretty good job so far, good comms, confident calls, letting the players play.

Only thing ruining it so far is the English comms on sky, there's supporting the boys but one in particular is basically giving every English player 'worlds best' description and overdoing the analysis of everything. And of course when Marler won a penalty he was worlds best, and now when de Groot wins a pen he's 'a very lucky boy'.

Anyway, good game so far.

Brook's side

International Debutant
Georgian ref doing a pretty good job so far, good comms, confident calls, letting the players play.

Only thing ruining it so far is the English comms on sky, there's supporting the boys but one in particular is basically giving every English player 'worlds best' description and overdoing the analysis of everything. And of course when Marler won a penalty he was worlds best, and now when de Groot wins a pen he's 'a very lucky boy'.

Anyway, good game so far.
a bit leniant on line out throws, and plays a long advantage.

but not harming the game for sure.

Brook's side

International Debutant
england matching the intensity and eork rate but just falling slightly short on skills.
great to see them going toe to toe with the ABs though.
kudos to borthwick.

ripper868

International Coach
Bad looking one for TJ, not sure how he's continuing, looked like knee was 90 degrees from where it should be. Well reffed. George on another planet if he thinks England should of had the scrum restart there.